Focused on financial analysis and reporting, and works closely with hospital management, local finance staff, to provide in-depth analysis of operating budget and operating performance for assigned areas. May also be responsible for data management and reconciliation, and providing support to and fulfilling requests from local finance staff, including Executive Director of Finance, Budget Manager, and Financial Analysts.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides support to and assists in development of annual hospital operating budget for smaller, typically non-clinical VP areas
- Provides in-depth analysis of operating budget and performance for assigned areas
- Attends and provides support at pre-close meetings and some close meetings
- May also include support of senior level analysts, including but not limited to:
- Production of standard monthly reporting provided to hospital vice presidents and departments as well as monthly close package materials for statistics and salaries and wages
- Reporting and data maintenance for compensation models
- Maintenance of user lists and system security and access
- Various other standard reporting as needed
- Ad Hoc report development as needed
- Designs and maintains accurate records and databases
- Assists with other assignments as required.
- Documentation of current office processes and tasks
Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional customer service orientation; ability to work effectively as a member of team
- Self-motivated, resourceful, including knowledge of resources to answer questions and find required data and information
- Strong computer skills, particularly Excel and basic PowerPoint knowledge and ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Works efficiently and with sense of urgency
- Knowledge of basic budgetary or accounting principles and practices as applicable to healthcare
- Interest in Finance career path
- Bachelors degree, 2+ years of experience
- Prior healthcare experience/education preferred
This role is 100% remote.
Please provide a cover letter with the application.
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Primary Location MA-Boston-MGB Remote See Posting for Details
Other Locations United States, MA-Boston-MGB MGH
Work Locations MGB Remote See Posting for Details 399 Revolution Drive Somerville 02145
Organization Mass General Brigham
Standard Hours 40
Shift Day Job
Posted Shift Description 100% remote Eastern Business Hours M-F 40 hours per week
Employee Status Regular
Recruiting Department MGB Finance
Job Posting Nov 8, 2023