Director Of Nursing Duties and Responsibilities
We are looking for a leader who can wear multiple hats, work well with a big team, and can be a leader for our nursing team. We hire multiple grads a year, therefore need a DON who is also able to teach new grad nurses. This DON must be open-minded to change, able to lead by example, and able to work with multiple personalities.
The primary purpose of your job position is to plan, organize, develop, and direct the overall operation of our Nursing Service Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility, and as directed by the Administrator and the Medical Director, to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is always maintained.
Director Of Nursing Requirements and Qualifications
- Minimum of H.S. degree or equivalent.
- Long-Term care experience in a sub-acute setting.
- DON experience
- Current Licensure as a Registered Nurse by the State of California.
- IV certification preferred
- Must maintain current licensure in good standing during employment with this facility in accordance with the State Board
- Supervisory experience in a skilled nursing facility.
- CPR and first aid certification
- Knowledge of relevant regulations and standards
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and organizational skills
Health insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage), 401k Retirement Plan. Life Insurance, Paid Holiday, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Leave, and more…
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Skill Nursing: 1 year (Required)
- DON: 1 year (Required)
- RN License (Required)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
- IV Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: In person