The Category Manager III is responsible for the sales, gross margin, products, planograms, promotions, and advertising within assigned categories.
Enmarket was founded in 1963 as Interstate Stations by Robert Demere in Savannah, Georgia. Enmarket operated as Interstate Stations until 1990, when the name was changed to Enmark. In 2015, the company opened its first two stores branded as enmarket, a rebranding process that continues in 2017. The company has always had a reputation for selling high quality, competitively priced gasoline, oil, and tobacco products. Many of the original stores were small kiosk locations- some of which are still in existence today.
- Evaluate, select and procure products and services of acceptable quality and quantity.
- Responsible for communicating and negotiating the best programs available through supplier and vendors.
- Review and analyze sales and gross profit contributions for each category and individual product movement within categories.
- Keep informed of new products and programs by competitive store visits, vendor contacts, trade magazine articles and participation in Regional Marketer Associations.
- Work with distributers to minimize cost and maximize margins in assigned categories.
- Work with vendors on new products, discontinued products, distributions, additional demands, promotions, reduction of out of stocks, and processing credit returns.
- Develop and coordinate promotional programs, advertising and POS with vendors and ensure communication and implementation at store level. Analyze results of promotional activity within assigned categories.
- Complete competitive market surveys as necessary. Make retail adjustments based on findings of surveys.
- Develop and implement product plan-o-grams for assigned categories based upon sound category analysis.
- Communicate with all departments to ensure effective implementation of category marketing programs.
- Act as a role model within and outside of the department.
- Other duties and projects as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
- Five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be computer literate in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Must be able to read industry publications and evaluate market trends.
- Must be able to write reports and correspondence, and to speak effectively before groups of customers, vendors and employees.
- Must be able to calculate figures such as discounts, interest, bonuses, promotional cost, and percentages.
- Demonstrates and models’ strong interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- Must be able to perform essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. May sit for a long period of time, generally an 8 hour shift, at a desk or computer terminal.
Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the U.S.
Enmarket is an EEO/AA employer and committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity and inclusiveness across our organizations.