Support.com (NASDAQ: SPRT) is a fast paced environment fully committed to providing world-class customer service 24/7. The Client Services Remote Services Technician is an entry level role which provides inbound customer service support for basic troubleshooting and resolution. This is an exciting work from home opportunity requiring you to work and engage with others in a virtual environment, while providing our customers with a high quality customer service experience. As a Client Services Remote Services Technician you will be fully trained to perform the following duties
*** You must submit an application at the site below to be considered***
As a member of this best-in-class technology services team you will:
- Actively listen to customer needs and offer appropriate education of products and services to prevent churn.
- Respond real time to customer Inbound questions and problems.
- Make outbound calls to touch base with new customers, determine if satisfied or need help, and ensure the customer is satisfied with their new installation.
- Utilize resources to upsell and explain competitive edge.
- Effective use of persuasive techniques to overcome objections.
- Educate customers in the use of installed products, service offerings, billing, charges, and product features.
- Resolve customer complaints and situations calmly and courteously.
- Troubleshoot and resolve service and technical problems using remote control tools with PC/MAC and tablet.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues when the customer is using a smartphone app.
- Meets retention, sales and customer service performance metrics.
- Explain and instruct the customer on the value and operation of the product and service.
- Retain customers at high risk for churn.
- Can demonstrate active learning skills, ownership and empathy in providing a customer with the service they need.
- Ability to interpret a flow chart to deliver a work process.
- Demonstrated ability to listen, diagnose troubleshoot and solve technical and service related issues.
- Communicate technical directions over the phone to inexperienced computer users.
- Ability to learn new technical concepts quickly.
- Communicate and present complex information effectively on the telephone demonstrating a professional tone, voice inflection and intonation.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Ability to follow written instructions and integrate changes in instruction effectively.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Type 30 to 40 words per Minute
- Ability to work in a very structured environment with scheduled rest and meal periods
- 1 year of related experience in a customer service and/or technical support environment.
- Understanding of wired and wireless home networks using multiple network technologies such as cable modems, routers, printers, etc. (DNS, DHCP, WAN, LAN, TCP/IP, Port Forwarding).
- Working knowledge of computers, smart phones, tablets and other peripheral devices.
- Successfully pass our technical test and complete our interview process.
- Pass an extensive background check.
Minimum CPU Speed
- 2 physical cores @ 2.7 GHz Processor or better
- 4 physical cores @ 2.2 GHz processor or better
- i5 or better processor preferred
- Minimum 4Gb RAM
- Minimum vertical monitor resolution of 1080 pixels (1920x1080 or higher preferred)
- Multiple monitors highly recommended
- 80 GB, 7200 RPM SATA hard drive or better
- Internet connection speeds exceeding 5Mbps down and 1Mbps up
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 including .NET 4.5 with all security patches applied
- HTML5 Compliant Web Browser (IE11 or higher, Chrome, etc)
- Antivirus Software.
- Corded (not wireless) noise canceling USB Headset
- Webcam (for I9 visual compliance)
Working for Support.com:
- $11.00 per hour*
- Testing required
- Extra Hours Available
- 100% Work from Home
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- 401K plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Training
- Promotional Opportunities
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
*$10.50 per hour plus $.50 cent per hour for reimbursement
Support.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To review FAQs and find out more information about all our current positions please visit our recruiting site:
TO APPLY: PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW:
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $11.00 /hour