Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States specializing in audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you'll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and get the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize everything from your career path to your educational opportunities to your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients' will be heard.
Visit www.deloitte.com/us/careers to learn more about our culture, benefits, and opportunities.
Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services.
Job Title/Job Code:
Hermitage / U.S. Firms’ Taxes
Job Role Overview:
This role is part of the U.S. Firms’ Taxes income tax compliance team.
Job Overview & Key Relationships:
This position is involved in all stages of tax return preparation of Deloitte’s federal, state & local income tax returns.
- Prepare schedules and working papers for the Firms’ partnership income tax returns.
- Assist in the preparation of the Firm's federal, state, and local income tax returns, including composite non-resident income tax returns.
- Perform tax research as necessary regarding federal or state tax issues affecting the Firm.
- Assist in analysis and calculation of required estimated tax payments.
- Assist with state and local tax audits, and correspond with state and local authorities regarding audit issues and/or tax notices.
- Review selected general ledger accounts on a monthly basis for appropriateness of tax accruals.
How You’ll Grow
- Bachelor's degree required. Master Degree, CPA or eligibility to sit for CPA preferred.
- 0-4 years of accounting experience.
- 0-4 years of experience with partnership or corporate federal and state income tax.
- Strong tax compliance skills necessary.
- Ability to use spreadsheet programs (Excel) required.
- Experience with computerized tax software programs required.
- Foreign tax compliance experience and/or general ledger background helpful
- Knowledge of multi-state apportionment.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Public Accounting experience
- Experience with Prosystem
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you are applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.