Are you excited at the prospect of unlocking the secrets held by a data set? Are you fascinated by the possibilities presented by the IoT, machine learning, and artificial intelligence advances? In an increasingly connected world, massive amounts of structured and unstructured data open up new opportunities. As a data scientist, you can turn these complex data sets into useful information to solve global challenges. Across private and public sectors — from fraud detection to cancer research, to national intelligence — you know the answers are in the data.
We have an opportunity for you to use your analytical skills to improve strategic innovation for the federal government. You’ll work closely with your customer to understand their questions and needs, and then dig into their data-rich environment to find the pieces of their information puzzle. You’ll mentor teammates, develop algorithms, write scripts, build predictive analytics, apply machine learning, and use the right combination of tools and frameworks to turn that set of disparate data points into objective answers to help federal health organizations make informed decisions. You’ll provide your customer with a deep understanding of their data, what it all means, and how they can use it. Join us as we use data science for good in the federal government.
Empower change with us.
Nice If You Have:
- 3+ years of experience within data science, data analytics, or data engineering
- Experience with processing, cleansing, and verifying data integrity for analysis
- Experience with the integration of data from multiple data sources
- Experience with using programming languages, including Python, R, or Java to manipulate and analyze data
- Experience with using SQL to conduct complex database queries
- Experience with Java, Spark, Scala, Hive, or ETL engineering
- Knowledge of IC agency security accreditation processes and policies
- Ability to communicate information to a senior executive audience in verbal or written formats
- TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph
- BA or BS degree
- Experience with using Databricks and Apache Spark
- Experience with architecting and building data lakes, data marts, and data warehouses
- Knowledge of commercial Cloud services used by the IC
- Ability to execute projects and tasks with minimal guidance and supervision
- MA or MS degree in CS, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Analytics, or a related technical field
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance with polygraph is required.
Build Your Career:
At Booz Allen, we know the power of analytics and we’re dedicated to helping you grow as a data analysis professional. When you join Booz Allen, you can expect:
access to online and onsite training in data analysis and presentation methodologies, and tools like Hortonworks, Docker, Tableau, and Splunk
a chance to change the world with the Data Science Bowl—the world’s premier data science for social good competition
participation in partnerships with data science leaders, like our partnership with NVIDIA to deliver Deep Learning Institute (DLI) training to the federal government
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.