Reviews construction plans, specifications, bid documents, professional service agreements, plats and engineering site plans for conformance with City Development Ordinance, general engineering principles, and local/state/federal requirements. Monitors and directs consultants working on City Capital Projects. Meets with property owners and consultants concerning Capital Projects and acquisition of required rights of way and easements. Prepares easement and right of way documents and other various right of way agreements as necessary. Assists project inspectors with monitoring construction of capital projects, field changes and initiating change orders as needed. Reviews and makes recommendations regarding consultant and contractor pay applications related to capital projects. Monitors project budgets. Prepares reports and correspondence as needed.
Starting Salary: $71,427 - $78,570 annually plus $300.00 a month car allowance
- Reviews construction plans, professional service agreements, plats and engineering site plans for conformance to City Development Ordinances and general engineering principles. Prepares and reviews specifications and bid documents for Capital improvement projects.
- Prepares plans, specifications, and estimates for in-house projects.
- Meets with property owners and consultants concerning development of capital improvement projects including acquisition of required easements and rights of way.
- Attends Planning and Zoning and City Council meetings as required.
- Monitors/Directs consulting engineers working on Capital Improvement projects.
- Assists in negotiating professional service agreements and fees for consulting engineers.
- Reviews bids, researches contractor references and makes recommendations to City Engineer.
- Monitors construction of capital improvement projects including review of pay estimates and facilitation of project acceptance close out.
- Assists project inspectors and contractors with resolution of construction questions, field changes, interpreting plans and specifications and initiates change orders as needed.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering required.
5 years in a related field required. Texas Registered Professional Engineer required.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of current civil engineering practices.
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Ability to follow instructions, safety practices and standard operating procedures in performing assigned tasks.
- Ability to be punctual and attend work regularly
- Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to interpret and apply City. State and Federal requirements as they apply to capital projects.
- Ability to coordinate, direct and manage the work of subordinates and consultants.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and projects.
- Skill in use of personal computer including Microsoft Office, Open Office or similar word processing programs, e-mail and the internet.
- Skill in technical fields related to design or roads, storm water management and drainage, and water and sewer facilities.
- Skill in public relations.
- Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug test.
- Must possess a valid State of Texas Drivers License Class "C" and good driving record as defined by City policy.
- Texas Registered Professional Engineer required.