With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Responsible for supporting leadership with Risk Committee Operations, CRM Board Reporting and Oversight of the DFS Risk Committee Program.
- Key team member on Discover's Corporate Risk Management Chief of Staff Team
- Drives prioritization of work, considering cost-benefit analyses and capacity constraints to best utilize resources.
- Provides visibility and transparency into status and progress of work efforts across the company.
- Manages meetings and events to align organization, drive work, and address obstacles.
- Works collaboratively with lines of business, subject matter experts, coverage attorneys, and business risk teams to drive ongoing program enhancements and best practices.
- Manages program governance, including maintaining guidance, templates, and providing annual training to ensure a consistent and scalable program.
- Monitors and enhances for program effectiveness, and program non-compliance.
- Oversees Committee Operations and coordination with Risk Committee, DFS Board, and DB Bank Board Operations teams to ensure items are appropriately governed.
- Oversees administration and enhancements to Committee Operations systems (Business Cabinet, SharePoint), ensuring systems are developed according to the company and department’s standards.
- Oversee agenda setting and material gathering for the DFS Risk Committee and material gathering for CRM submissions to Board committee meetings.
- Oversee the coordination of risk committee agendas with those setting board committee agendas. Oversee the risk committee operations duties related to the DFS Risk Committee including quarterly due diligence checklists, maintenance of member attendance, and meeting minutes. Coordinate agenda setting and material gathering for the DFS Risk Oversight Committee Complete the risk committee operations duties related to the DFS Risk Oversight Committee including quarterly due diligence checklists, maintenance of member attendance, and meeting minutes.
- Oversee the design and training to contacts and secretaries for all Level 1 and Level 2 Risk Committees on committee operations, processes and standards.
- Promote a risk-aware culture; ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and practices.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Marketing, Operations, Communications, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in Finance, Marketing, Operations, General Business Management, or related field
- 2+ years of managerial experience
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- A risk management and governance professional
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.
24-Hour Nurse Hotline & Telehealth Services
7 Paid Holidays
Annual Flu Shots
Employee Assistance Program
Flexible Work Environment
Group Auto, Home and Pet Insurance
Healthy Eating Program
Legal Assistance Plan
Onsite Emotional Health Counselors
Onsite Fitness Centers
Onsite Weight Watchers at Work
Paid Parental Leave
Professional and Leadership Development Programs
Service Anniversary Awards
Annual health Evaluation and Health Coaching
Critical Illness Insurance
Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account and Flexible Spending Accounts
Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
Life and Accident Insurance
Long-term and Short-term Disability Insurance
Onsite Health Services Center with Nurse Practitioner
401(k) Savings Plan with Fixed and Matching Contributions
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
“Financial Wellness for You” Learning Programs