Cooper Tire offers an entirely unique work experience because no matter what your title is, you’ll play a part in contributing to the development, manufacturing and marketing of some of the most innovative tire products in the world. Cooper is a fun and exciting place to work, and we easily stand apart from our competition. We’re constantly on the lookout for motivated individuals who lead by example and inspire others to greatness. The opportunities are endless and the rewards rich for those who believe that job satisfaction and career success begin with a satisfied customer. Careers are a Journey…Come Ride with Us!
The Plant Process Engineer is responsible for evaluating and improving manufacturing processes to implement root cause solutions for improved capabilities. This Process Engineer position evaluates and improves manufacturing processes to implement root cause solutions for improved capabilities.
- Works in tandem with Corporate Process Engineering, Plant Engineering, and Reliability Engineering to standardize new and existing equipment and processes.
- Supports Technical and Corporate Process Engineering efforts in the development or industrialization of new process and/or procedures within the plant.
- Works to improve process capability and OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) through standardization of process improvement activities opportunities.
- Works with Corporate Process Engineering and Plant Engineering to ensure the right equipment is available to support new product introductions.
- Implements best practices in an effort to maintain standardization and improve equipment and process performance.
- Assists in the development and standardization for new construction and equipment purchases.
- Develop strong working relationships with all engineering, maintenance and production departments.
- BS in Engineering or other related technical field.
- Four (4) or more years of engineering experience preferred.
- Successful candidate will possess strong project management skills, capable of obtaining results by means of a standardized gated process utilizing tools including but not limited to design and/or process FMEAs, SIPOC, and MS project.
- Significant experience in a manufacturing environment is an advantage.
- Experience in continuous improvement process, BB/GB certified, would be a plus.
- The candidate must be highly motivated, possess excellent project management skills and be able lead teams.
is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We strive to recruit, develop and retain top candidates by providing an engaging culture and opportunities to grow and develop. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, status as an individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.