Target Hiring Range: $18.59 to $23.24 per hour DOQ
Under the direction of the assigned supervisor or designee, performs customer service duties including assisting customers in person and by telephone, receiving and providing customer service information, preparing and processing billings, cashiering, and maintaining related records and files; works independently in their function and participates in various projects, as needed.
Click on the following link to view the complete job description to include essential functions and working conditions:
- High School diploma or equivalent, supplemented by one (1) year of college-level course work in business bookkeeping, accounting or related field.
- Three (3) years of increasingly responsible office support experience providing customer service.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Outlook, Word and Excel, with a working knowledge of Access.
- Ability to 10-key (by touch) with speed and accuracy, and type 40 wpm with accuracy.
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Valid driver's license upon hire date.
- Prior City of Richland utility billing experience preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience with a high volume of customer interaction/customer service.
- Three (3) years of office support experience.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new software programs in a Windows based computing environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact well with team members and customers.
- Ability to remain calm under stress and handle difficult situations.
- Ability to pay attention to detail, follow processes and procedures.
- Perseverance to handle repetitive tasks and stay focused.
Selection will be based on overall qualifications, skills testing (commensurate to position) and a panel interview. Final candidate will be subject to a comprehensive background/reference check, including a credit check.