We are a Restaurant Startup looking for Managers who want to be a part of the Restaurant Row project in Downtown Camden near the Waterfront. There is lots of room for both advancement and goal setting so if you think you are up for some fun and a challenge please apply!
The Assistant Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of our restaurant, including the selection, development and performance management of employees. In addition, they oversee the inventory and ordering of food and supplies, optimize profits and ensure that guests are satisfied with their dining experience. The Assistant Manager reports to the General Manager and Director of Operations. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to grow within a new brand and we have many restaurants growing!
Primary responsibilities include:
- Oversee and manage all areas of the restaurant and make final decisions on matters of importance to guest service.
- Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility and labor costs.
- Responsible for ensuring that all financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas. Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
- Responsible for ensuring consistent high quality of food preparation and service.
- Maintain professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Supervise portion control and quantities of preparation to minimize waste.
- Ensure positive guest service in all areas. Respond to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests.
- Ensure that proper security procedures are in place to protect employees, guests and company assets.
- Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents. Completes accident reports promptly in the event that a guest or employee is injured.
- Manage shifts which include: daily decision making, scheduling, planning while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness.
- Investigate and resolve complaints concerning food quality and service.
- Provide direction to employees regarding operational and procedural issues.
- Hotel/restaurant management experience is desirable. A combination of practical experience and education will be considered as an alternative.
- Knowledge of computers (MS Word, Excel).
- Must possess a valid drivers license.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must agree to background check.
- Self-discipline, initiative, leadership ability and outgoing.
- Pleasant, polite manner and a neat and clean appearance.
- Ability to motivate employees to work as a team to ensure that food and service meet appropriate standards.
- Must be able to handle the pressures of simultaneously coordinating a wide range of activities and recommend appropriate solutions to restaurant problems.
- Must possess good communication skills for dealing with diverse staff.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks such as food, beverage and labor cost while maintaining required standards of operation in daily restaurant activities.
- Ability to perform all functions at the restaurant level, including delivery when needed.
- Position requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting, lifting products and supplies weighing 45 pounds, and repetitive hand and wrist motion.
- Work with hot, cold, and hazardous equipment as well as operates phones, computers, fax machines, copiers, and other office equipment.
- Keeps General Manager and Director of Operations promptly and fully informed of all issues (i.e. problems, unusual matters of significance and positive events) and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action.
- Completes job responsibilities and performance objectives in a timely and effective manner
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Restaurant: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Morning (Preferred)
- Mid-Day (Preferred)
- Evening (Preferred)
- Graveyard (Preferred)