Chakra Consulting, Inc., a woman-owned small business based out of Maryland is seeking for an experienced Software Engineer/Researcher to join its growing team. The position will support Chakra’s Federal client, National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST) in Gaithersburg, Maryland. All work will be accomplished at NIST and Silver Spring, MD.
Chakra is seeking a Drupal Developer to implement a prototype of a portal that manages risk assessment of incidents to facilitate and incentivize affordable and effective cyber risk management practices across multiple industry. The ideal candidate should have demonstrated knowledge of user interface design/experience, web content management, and a strong system development life cycle skills (SDLC). The candidate should be well versed in usability best practices, accessibility standards, and various design and development models.
This position requires the candidate to have the ability to assess the current state of existing applications, develop and identify plan for identifying and improving user interface/experience issues, and create a new solutions based on Drupal.
Provide full software engineering life cycle support to create a prototype based on Drupal:
1. Analyze requirements, existing application and identify work items that needs to be performed and environment to support the project
2. Install and configure a Drupal environment.
3. Import the work from previous portal into the Drupal environment. Develop all the necessary pages and functions.
4. Ensure the Drupal environment is accessible to internal enterprise systems.
5. Modify configurations to accommodate new data sources and connections to new data repositories.
6. Implement a REST interface and test integration.
7. Update documentation of application
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Drupal CMS experience required, experience with multilingual installations a plus;
- Well versed in open-source technology stack
- Thorough knowledge of Americans with Disabilities Act Section 508
Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related degree
- Industry certifications is highly desirable in the related field
- Ability to work independently as well as with other team members
- Must be detailed and deadline oriented
- Excellent customer care skills and abilities – key effective verbal, written, and listening communication skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity and changing objectives
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to obtain a public trust clearance