Job Title: Litigation Paralegal
The Litigation Paralegal will collaborate closely with attorneys in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Aid with the preparation of pleadings and discovery in federal and state court civil matters and arbitration proceedings.
- Analyze, review, and organize privileged documents and data from materials produced during discovery and prepare/coordinate document production and responses to discovery questions.
- Prepare deposition and record subpoenas according to state and federal regulations; coordinate production of third-party records and summarize records; prepare and respond to discovery requests; prepare deposition outlines and summaries.
- Trial preparation includes management of trial exhibits and other trial-related aid.
- Aid with the preparation of federal and state administration filings.
- Cite-checking and sherardizing/aid with motion preparation.
- Conduct Lexis and Pacer research and other research as needed.
- Draft investigative reports and summarize documents such as witness interview summaries and deposition or medical record summaries.
- Keep abreast of developments, procedures, and rules in the forums where the office practices.
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and project management skills
- Ability with Word, Excel, and other office tools, including document management platforms such as ProLaw.
- Meticulous; ability to multi-task and work within deadlines
- Knowledge of state and court agency rules
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree needed; Paralegal Certificate preferred.
- 8 to 10 years of experience with a law firm or corporation in a litigation setting.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift to 15 pounds at times.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $95,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Chicago, IL: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Microsoft Office: 8 years (Required)
- law firm: 8 years (Required)
- litigation: 8 years (Required)
- Word: 8 years (Required)
- Excel: 8 years (Required)
- document management platforms: 8 years (Required)
- ProLaw: 8 years (Required)
- state and court agency rules: 8 years (Required)
- Paralegal Certificate (Required)
Work Location: In person