The MSC Groups Advocate s responsible for assisting travel agents with all aspects related to cruise group bookings, to quote group space, issue group contract in a very timely manner and promote our services to increase on board revenue.
- Builds strong relationships with clients by managing assigned groups from beginning to end ensuring timely and accurate creation and dissemination of group contract to travel agents.
- Responds to incoming calls proactively optimizing the time for maximum productivity, and communicates and manages group bookings, deadlines, special requests, amenities, updated promotions and shore excursions effectively.
- Ensure quick turnaround of new group requests, submitted to MSC Cruises via email, web-form, and phone call.
- Ensures the correct and accurate submission of Group Quotator, Jira Request and/or Service Tickets, and continually follows up to obtain rapid approval from Revenue Management and Inventory department.
- Creates new bookings within existing groups, as well as processing payments, name changes & cancellations inside the group.
- Provides over the top positive support to clients over the phone and through email consistent with the company standards.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with clients by anticipating and effectively responding to service issues and requests, as well as following-up on outstanding issues quickly.
- Make outbound calls to offer special rates to travel partners or promote specific sailings.
- Promote prepaid services including special services, shore excursion, transfer, Spa Packages, Internet Packages, Photo Packages and other services for revenue increase.
- Checks that special requests/needs and/or onboard activities is properly documented and communicated with Operations Team.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Groups.
Job-Requirements: skills, competencies, experience
- Fluent English, oral and written skills. Any additional language is an advantage. Must to be able to communicate professionally and effectively at all levels (verbal and written) with both internal the organization and external to the customers.
- Associates Degree or equivalent education a plus and/or four (4 ) or more years of experience.
- Experienced with Microsoft, Word, Excel and possession of computer skills and troubleshooting skills to proficiently manage DTS reservation system, quotator, Jira, Bee and MSC Book to support the agencies.
- Flexibility to work occasional overtime, evening hours and week end.
- Strong understating of customers and market dynamic requirements.
- Highly proactive in getting assignments done quickly and accurately.
- Strong organizational skills, time management and attention to details.
Information about visa requirements if any
- US Passport or US Permanent Resident
- MSC Cruises is an e-verify employer
Job Type: Full-time
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint: 2 years (Required)
- assisting travel agents related to group bookings: 4 years (Required)