Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
Constructs patient medical records from chart information. Analyzes records for deficiencies and files information to produce completed records.
1. Maintains medical record's areas and creates patient charts.
2. Maintains medical records tracking system to ensure patient confidentiality.
3. Retrieves charts for therapists as indicated on a daily basis.
4. Processes medical records requests identified by third party payers, attorneys, patients or any other caregiver.
5. Maintains filing system for medical record documentation and files charts when returned.
6. Retrieves medical records documentation to assist in Medicare and/or third party payer audits.
7. Delegates work to part time clerk to assist in additional departmental needs.
8. Retrieves, assembles and analyzes the medical records of discharged patients to ensure timely chart completion.
9. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
HS Graduate or Equivalent. Data entry required.
Danbury-235 Main St
variable shift M-F 7am - 6pm
Phys Med - Main St
HS Graduate or Equivalent
- Some manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
- Little or no potential for occupational risk
- Medium to Heavy effort. May exert up to 35 lbs. force
- Generally pleasant working conditions.
Nuvance Health and its affiliates are Section 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations and therefore eligible employees may qualify for forgiveness of certain federal student loans under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.