We are looking for an experienced Support Analyst for a contract job at Microsoft in Redmond WA to join our team. An ideal candidate will have a wide range of IT knowledge and experience. In this role, you will support a game studio as part of the Operations team working on the Forza franchise. If you are eager to strengthen your capabilities in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, this is the job for you!
- Works as a team member to assist with operations support.
- Troubleshoot and resolve a variety of break-fix issues or tasks including OS, Windows Update, Windows firewall, BIOS, and software issues.
- Tools and Monitoring
- SQL Base DBA
- Load Balancing
- External File Transfer
- File Share Management
- UCS Management
- Storage and SAN Fabric Administration
- Backup Management
- Production Environment Support
- Azure – Dev and Prod needs
- Occasional rack/stack/cable in the data center.
Some other more general “production service” responsibilities
- Participating in the design and development of new prod services
- Participating in resolution of prod incidents and problems
- Supporting prod service deployment activities
- Ensuring that all prod documentation and knowledge is up to date and properly utilized by peers and subordinates
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- 3-5 years of work-related experience
- Knowledge and experience with core Microsoft infrastructure (Active Directory, Group Policy, Windows, IIS, DHCP, WDS, WSUS, Hyper-V, Azure, DFS)
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Able to work independently.
- Excellent problem resolution and analytical skills
- Ability to learn quickly in fast-paced environment
- Able to lift 50lbs.
- Experience with LAMP
- Experience with UCS
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with PowerShell
- Experience with MDT and SCCM
- Experience with FTP
Job Type: Contract
- Microsoft infrastructure: 3 years (Required)