Responsibility for translating operational needs into highly functional audio-visual and architectural designs to our clients in the Command & Control sector solutions utilizing technologies such as: large-scale video displays; network-based signal distribution; and, Video Teleconferencing; Crestron Control; AMX Controls; Utelogy Controls; Polycom RealPresence; Cisco TelePresence; Acano Systems; Audio DSP systems; Dante; Biamp Nexia / Tesira; Extron; Projection Devices; Video Walls; Digital Signage Systems; Barco, Planar, Cyviz, Prysm, Vuwall Displays; Evertz technology; Wireless Microphones; PTZ Wall Cameras; VBrick technology; and, Skype for Business.
This position involves some travel but is primarily work-at-home.
VIRTUAL from anywhere in the USA, but must be easily accessible to a major airport.
The job responsibilities of the Design Engineer include the following:
The Design Engineer will be able to help in this area by:
- full facility design of Command & Control Solutions
- Support Sales in customer consultation and needs analysis during opportunity development
- Interface & maintain ongoing dialogue with Clients, Sales, CAD, and Tech Ops team members during the proposal and project cycles
- Lead innovative, complete system design efforts including large-scale video displays, network-based signal distribution and other audiovisual technology, consoles and furniture, lighting and acoustics, and other aspects of command center design accounting for codes and regulations as well as industry best practices
- Provide design and documentation for proposals detailing material and labor estimates, written statements of work, system narratives, and drawings as needed
- Provide solutions within the customer’s budget without sacrificing quality and reliability
- Develop and document functional narratives, final material lists, system programming descriptions, cable pull lists, and engineering drawings for infrastructure, rack layout, system wiring, and custom plates or cabling assemblies
- Develop, document, and coordinate network design, including physical connectivity requirements, routing/switching requirements, port traffic / firewall rules, and all other aspects of enterprise-level AV/IT integration
- Maintain awareness of emerging technology that can fit our clients’ missions and budgets at all levels
- Generate consultant-level design requirements and documentation for command center projects.
- Assist in the preparation of outside consultant-specified bids and submittals
- Assist and perform client site visits for initial surveys, ongoing technical assessment, and support for tech ops during integration, install, & commissioning
- Assist programmer with technical direction when developing user interfaces & control programs.
- Ensure completion and accuracy of pricing and documentation at project turnover
- Create, and manage change orders to assist with maintain or increasing profitability on projects
- Assist with technical oversight and design questions during integration & commissioning of systems
- Provide ancillary services, as warranted, in the areas of programming, DSP setup, installation assistance, commissioning, and supporting service technicians
What do we require from you?
- A college degree in electrical/electronic engineering or computer science is preferable, or an associates-level degree in an architectural, technical or IT field with 4+ years AV Design Engineering experience in large-scale projects
- AVIXA CTS-D preferred, or CTS with ability to obtain CTS-D within six months of taking position
- A thorough, demonstrable understanding of AV systems, products, and integration techniques
- A background in architectural and spatial design of facilities as it relates to AV.
- Ideally, broad experience working with one or more of these 24/7 critical industries/environments: electric transmission and distribution utilities, oil and gas utilities, water utilities, transportation and traffic management, emergency management, government agencies, and military organizations.
- A solid foundation in networking and network security, computer software and hardware, and communication of IT requirements
- Skilled in the use of AutoCAD (preferred) or able to communicate all design details to CAD resources through other means (Visio, etc.)
- MS Office – able to use Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio proficiently without training
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the demeanor to develop trusted relationships with our customers
- Ability to work remotely and manage deliverables within defined schedules with minimal supervision
- Ability to work long hours or outside of normal business hours at times, as needed
- Ability to travel occasionally to support sales and projects, typically 3-5 days / month.
- Perform other tasks as requested by Director.
- A Federal security clearance of any kind is beneficial but not required.
But wait, there’s more!
- Collaborative work environment
- Committed to the career development and education of our team
- Comprehensive competitive benefits package
- 2016 Integrator of the Year
- Inc. Magazine’s 36th Annual List of America’s fastest-growing private companies
As an industry leading technology provider, Diversified is engineering tomorrow’s communications solutions! From boardrooms to classrooms, command centers to surgical suites, and stadiums to studios, our team is unlocking and engineering our clients’ imagination and harnessing today’s latest technologies to help them communicate their messages with the world. Our passionate team delivers innovative solutions around the globe and is constantly growing to serve our expanding clientele. Join us as we push the envelope in our mission to bring imagination to life!
To learn more about becoming part of the Diversified team, visit us at http://diversifiedus.com/about/careers/ or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diversified is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs and not on race, color, citizenship status, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other factor protected by law. Diversified is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for handicapped and disabled employees.