Responsible for providing administrative and clerical support within area of responsibility that may include telephone support, filing, typing, coordinating schedules, distributing correspondence, materials management, data entry, simple data analyses, and rudimentary reporting. All within established legal guidelines and maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate DaVita Medical Group's commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer.
- Uses, protects, and discloses DaVita Medical Group patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Processes all requests for information following established legal guidelines.
- Ensures receipt of a valid authorization for each request.
- Supports the preparation for audits and data requests.
- Assists with manual data entry.
- Maintains database of information for area of responsibility.
- Analyses data and compiles statistics.
- Assists in the preparation of reports.
- Answers, screens and transfers telephone calls.
- Maintains schedules by coordinating with appropriate parties.
- Organizes and distributes correspondence, reports, memos, etc.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Add Other Details Specific to this Coordinator Role Education:
- Minimum: High School diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent
- Minimum: Special certification required for specific job and/or over 1 year of post high school education or a degree from a two-year college
- Preferred: Associate's or Bachelor's degree
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum: 1-3 years of experience
- Preferred: Over 2-3 years of experience within healthcare industry
- Over 2-5 years of experience within specific job and/or department
- Computer literate
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word and Outlook)
- Able to type 25 wpm.
- 10-key skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Customer service oriented
- Filing skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work on multiple assignments and manage time effectively
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, ask questions, and prioritize
- Capable of working independently as required
DaVita Medical Group manages and operates medical groups and affiliated physician networks in California, Colorado, Florida, Nevada, New Mexico, Pennsylvania and Washington. A leading independent medical group in America, DaVita Medical Group has over two decades of experience providing coordinated, outcomes-based medical care in a cost-effective manner. As of June 30, 2017, DaVita Medical Group’s teammates, employed clinicians and affiliated clinicians provided care for approximately 1.7 million patients. DaVita Medical Group’s leadership development initiatives and social responsibility efforts have been recognized by Fortune, Modern Healthcare, Newsweek and WorldBlu.