Leads by example – acting as a role model for all Team Members. The Marketing and Public Relations Director is responsible for managing all traditional and digital advertising, marketing, public relations and communications activities, both internally and externally.
The following general characteristics, knowledge, skills and/or abilities are listed for reference. Job success will involve the ongoing demonstration of desire and ability to perform each assigned duty effectively, efficiently, pleasantly and with focus on Team Success.
- Bachelors degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related discipline
- Three to five years banking experience and/or experience in public relations, communications or marketing
- Knowledge of other aspects of the banking environment is a plus
- Detail oriented with strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work under pressure
- Dependable and a self-starter
- Ability to work well independently and in a team setting
- Ability to analyze data and make recommendations
- Knowledgeable of personal computers and related software applications
- High level of organizational skills and commitment
- Ability to quickly learn and assimilate information
- Professional appearance that projects a positive company image to the public.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate and implement approved market and customer research programs.
- Collaborate with Retail Team and Trainer to identify, implement and maintain an exceptional customer service environment in all offices and locations.
- Plan, develop, coordinate and implement all acquisition and/or merger-related marketing, communications and promotional activities (special events, Team Member communications, customer communications, etc.).
- Provide guidance and coordinate implementation efforts with respect to new products and services.
- Utilize traditional and digital channels to create opportunities for business development with new and existing customers.
- Provide leadership, direction, empowerment and encouragement to direct reports for accomplishing team and company objectives.
- Advise on the Marketing and Public Relations expenses and annual budgeting process for each bank market, to include regular, ongoing reviews of related expenditures.
- Utilize your leadership position to help insure that all “Morning Meetings” and related communications, training, etc. are effectively conducted in accordance with stated company objectives and agendas.
- Plan, prepare and execute special events such as Development Day, directors’ outings, sponsored external events, company picnics and parties, etc.
- Oversee all marketing, advertising, public relations and communications activities (traditional and digital) for both internal and external audiences.
- Oversee production and creative services, including working with and managing external vendors (conceptual, writing, editing, design and printing of promotional materials).
- Oversee establishment and maintenance of a consistent First Southern brand and brand identity to advance the company toward its strategic vision.
- Develop, implement and direct approved marketing and public relations strategies to promote the First Southern brand and brand identity to all bank publics/audiences.
- Oversee standardization and integration of the First Southern brand into every form and type of internal and external communication or presentation.
- Serve as primary contact for media outlets, including the preparation of news releases about bank events and team members and placement of advertising.
- Maintain an active social media presence and monitor activity for appropriateness, taking action when necessary.
- Work with appropriate compliance team members to ensure marketing and advertising materials meet regulations.
- Serve as active participant in the development and expansion of online delivery channels and the seamless integration of online and mobile banking platforms and vendors.
- Oversee the delivery of prompt responses, or appropriately route to other team members, to any incoming digital customer communication.
- Measure effectiveness of all bank communication channels and marketing campaigns through regular analytics reporting.
- Educate Team Members on implementation and promotion of the First Southern brand and brand identity elements.
- Work in partnership with the Human Resources Director to ensure that identified, individual training needs are appropriately documented for direct reports.
- Work in partnership with Trainer to ensure that appropriate individual and group training is identified and provided to direct reports.
- Collaborate with the Trainer and others as requested in the development and delivery of appropriate training to other Team Members.
- Comply with all laws and banking regulations, as applicable, including the bank secrecy act.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS / LOCATIONS
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment
- Workload may be stressful at times.
- You may occasionally need to lift moderately heavy weights in connection with the routine transportation of office supplies, packaged coin or currency, etc.
- First Southern - like most thriving banks - maintains various banking hours Monday through Saturday. Your schedule may include some service on each of those days and you must also have flexibility for occasional evening and weekend work.
- Work is normally performed at your assigned primary location(s), however, assisting other Teams and Team Members could require some rotation and travel.
- Work, business development and personal training and development related activities will also take place in various locations, both on and off of First Southern banking sites, and occasional day trips and overnight travel will be required.
DISCLAIMERS AND OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
- All requirements in this job are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the Team Member occupying this position or that these duties are permanent. Each Team Member will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by the Team Member’s supervisor. Job descriptions may be revised from time to time to reflect changes in job duties or job requirements
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
Job Type: Full-time
- Public Relations: 3 years
- Banking: 3 years
- Marketing: 3 years