Boarding Dog Trainer
Purpose: You are our K9 Bricklayer! You are the backbone of teaching our client dogs their foundational skills. You are the savvy, motivating force that teaches and delivers our happy, obedient and confident dogs!
- Take personal responsibility and initiative in creating excellence in the dogs we train.
- Patiently, safely and caringly work with dogs of all temperaments, sizes, and breeds privately and publicly.
- Train and interact with integrity and respect on a small, interactive team, progressing obedience and control for the Boarding dogs throughout their stay, readying them for their return home.
- Offer direct care, feeding, cleaning, exercise and relationship building with the dogs in our care.
- Maintain and contribute to the cleaning and maintenance of our training facility and environment.
- Raise company view and presence in the community.
- Previewing equipment and training environment and condition of dogs.
- Work on developing dogs obedience and control in one on one session’s and while working multiple dogs simultaneously as skill progresses.
- Cycle through all dogs while working with other team members to achieve the best results.
- Document training sessions with each individual dog through notes or video.
- Be able to handle all temperaments and size dogs.
- Be willing to solicit free consultations with prospective clients and their dogs as opportunities present.
- Conducting private appointments with clients and their dogs at the facility, their homes or parks as required, following the SMS standards.
- Practicing safe SMS training procedures to ensure client, dog, personal and public safety.
- Driving, transporting dogs, and keeping vehicle in a good working, clean and professional state.
- Help maintain a clean, safe, and organized work and kennel environment.
- Make follow up calls as needed.
- Always maintain a professional appearance and attitude when representing SMS, including when in a branded vehicle or wearing branded attire.
- Take pictures and videos of current client dogs in training, group classes, and events. Forward them to owner/manager for approval to post to website, owners and social media outlets.
- Work targeted public areas to showcase the SMS standard of training with dogs that have been approved by owner/manager.
- Conduct or support group classes with clients and dogs.
- Obtain and log new leads and referrals as needed.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Complete and pass a competency test in front of owner/manager to show your abilities, progress and level of training.
- Complete your monthly growth plan.
- Exhibit customer service skills, teamwork and professionalism while working with people and their dogs.
- Dog Lover.
- Able to patiently and caringly work with dogs of all temperaments, sizes, and breeds.
- Ability to communicate, direct and instruct individual and group training classes of varying size with a high level of excellence in customer service and professionalism.
- Organized, flexible, dependable, responsible, even-tempered, and honest.
- Experience with operating and navigating on a computer and Smartphone.
- Have the desire, passion and motivation to learn new techniques and the drive to improve as a trainer.
- Possess and display competent written and verbal skills.
- Well disciplined in time management with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to lift, carry and have mobility to work in this environment.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Commission
Hours per week:
Overtime often available:
Typical start time:
Typical end time: