Founded in 1866, The Sherwin-Williams Company is a global leader in the manufacture, development, distribution, and sale of paints, coatings and related products to professional, industrial, commercial, and retail customers. The company manufactures products under well-known brands such as Sherwin-Williams®, Valspar®, HGTV HOME® by Sherwin-Williams, Dutch Boy®, Krylon®, Minwax®, Thompson’s® Water Seal®, Cabot® and many more. Sherwin-Williams® branded products are sold exclusively through a chain of more than 4,100 company-operated stores and facilities, while the company’s other brands are sold through leading mass merchandisers, home centers, independent paint dealers, hardware stores, automotive retailers, and industrial distributors. The company supplies a broad range of highly-engineered industrial and OEM coatings for wood and general industrial, coil, packaging, protective and marine, and transportation applications worldwide. Our 60,000 employees are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to find a career that takes you places.
The Senior IT Talent Acquisition Specialist position is focused on full cycle IT recruiting efforts and reports to the Manager, IT Talent Acquisition. The main purpose of this position is to develop, implement and execute ongoing comprehensive IT Recruiting ensuring that there is an IT Talent pipeline. This person will be responsible for the full recruitment cycle from the creation or revision of job description to the new hires start date. This includes but is not limited to working with hiring managers to create or update job description, management of Sherwin Williams Applicant Tracking System (Taleo), posting job requisitions, tracking, interviewing candidates, and extending offers. The incumbent will provide exemplary customer service through the process to hiring managers, HR partners and candidates. This position will act as a temporary Manager as needed and will assist in event planning and other recruiting related activities.
Strategy and Planning
- Participate in creating the recruitment strategy to build pipeline of talent for IT Departments across Sherwin.
- Assist in the design of the IT recruiting strategy as it relates to roles that are internally vs externally sourced candidates.
- Assist efforts in minimizing fees paid to external recruiters. The expectation is to source the majority of staff utilizing the IT recruiting strategies.
- Continually explore the market best practices in recruiting and staffing and implement appropriate best practices across IT.
Acquisition and Deployment
- Assist in the engagement with contract to hire candidates to ensure smooth on-boarding experience during onboarding into employee status.
- Actively engage with community organizations, professors, teachers, guidance counselors, Talent Acquisition professionals, HR Managers, and other potential sources of IT talent.
- Partner with Third Party agencies and search firms to identify candidates as necessary.
- Conduct in-take meetings with hiring managers.
- Negotiate compensation and benefits with candidates.
- Create and revise job descriptions as needed.
- Participate in post-project analysis to reflect upon successes, failures, and lessons learned.
- Help manage overall recruitment department’s efforts, as needed, including setting the scheduling and coordinating with IT management and Human Resources, as well as interviewing, recommending, and offering potential candidates IT positions.
- Assist in monitoring changes the labor legislation and implement required changes to keep the process compliant, including sponsorship of foreign nationals, and keep staff updated.
- Act as a trusted advisor to hiring managers related to IT talent sourcing.
- Assist in enhancing the skills of your subordinates via mentoring and training to raise their level of recruiting skills and success.
- Educate IT managers on the recruiting process and behavioral-based questions..
- Assist in the engagement with contract to hire, and IT contracted resources, labor organizations, to find the IT talent.
- Participate in finding opportunities to increase diversity initiatives in recruitment and hiring.
- Assign and manage job requisitions through the applicant tracking system.
- Provide recommendations to improve current recruitment system/process.
- Attend job fairs and other recruitment community events as needed.
- Continue branding Sherwin-Williams.
- Represent IT Talent Acquisition organization at various internal and external functions and/or activities.
- Prepare and lead presentations, as requested.
- Research new recruitment tools and/or technologies as needed.
- Assist with various projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
- Local travel (15%) as required; community meeting; career fairs, etc.
- Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour workday as required.
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources, Psychology or a related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- 6+ years Human Resources experience.
- 6+ years full cycle recruiting experience including demonstrated ability to attract, find, and hire active and passive candidates.
- 3+ years of IT recruitment experience.
- 6+ years’ experience working with hiring managers and HR Partners.
- Hands-on experience working with an Applicant Tracking System, preferably Taleo.
- Experience managing and working with external recruiting agencies.
- Experience with traditional networking, internet searches and social media recruitment such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Experience with college recruiting including attending job fairs and events.
- Experience managing a high volume of technical requisitions.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge Microsoft software products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge and understanding of EEO regulations.
- Demonstrated understanding of various essential business functions of an IT organization.
- Experience working through H1B and Green Card recruiting preferred.
- Ability to work with confidential information.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting action items.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment, and to lead and influence cross-organizationally with and without direct authority.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status, or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract. VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.