Northrop Grumman Defense Systems (NGDS) is currently seeking a Principal / Sr. Principal Financial Analyst for our Northridge, CA location.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The selected candidate will provide direct support to the Program Management Office (PMO) and Control Account Managers (CAMs) on the planning, implementation, and monitoring of Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) processes in our Advanced Programs Market Area. In this position, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining an Earned Value Management (EVM) baseline that interfaces with an MS Project resource-loaded schedule. This position will help drive effective program execution relative to cost performance, delivery performance, and effective program resource planning. You will analyze program performance (historical and predictive), monitor the forecasted completion data, and support recommendations made to the program managers and leads.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing and executing a Program Management Baseline that aligns with the programmatic budgets and key contractual milestones
- Working with Program Management, IPTs, functional business analysts, and CAMs to perform detailed cost/schedule planning, earned value variance analysis, identification of cost/schedule problems, and developing corrective action plans.
- Strictly adhering to American National Standards Institute/Electronic Industries Alliance Standard 748 (ANSI/EIA-748), Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) and associated internal company procedures
- Integrating data from Microsoft Project to Cobra and ensure accuracy
- Using Cobra, and Empower to create, analyze, and submit monthly Integrated Program Management Report (IPMR) to customer in accordance with Earned Value Management standards, as well as, preparing monthly EV metrics for internal/external meetings
- Facilitate and conduct EVM compliance reviews with DCMA and other government oversight agencies (Internal Baseline Reviews/Joint Surveillance Reviews), as well as other related audits such as; accounting audits, cost voucher audits, and periodic in-house audits
- Interfacing with program finance and program office for monthly Sales and Profit forecasts, issues, concerns, and status on all in-house programs
- Tracking spending to ensure adequate funding is maintained, financial metric development, & analysis and reporting in support of monthly program reviews
- Timely and accurate Estimate at Completion development, analysis, and reporting
- Direct involvement in streamlining of processes, tools, and best practices
This position can be filled as a Principal (A03) or Sr. Principal (A04) level. Basic qualifications for each level are listed below.
Relocation assistance, while not guaranteed, may be available.