Unison Energy is looking for a Programmer Analyst/System Developer.
Location: Maryland/Northern Virginia or NY (Mamaroneck) remote work from home with the ability to travel if needed.
Reports to: Director of Information Technology at Unison Energy.
Company overview: Unison Energy builds, owns, and operates natural gas power plants that supply hospitals, industrial facilities, large hotels, and large supermarkets with on-site generation. Unison Energy is backed by American Infrastructure Funds (AIM). We are have built out our operating platform and have 15 sites that are operating or in construction. Our objective is to reach 150+ sites in the next 5-7 years. Our team is very focused on our application environment and data. Our Co-CEO's both have a software background and make our IT systems a priority. Our data and analytics are an important source of competitive advantage. We have a mix of 3rd party applications such as Salesforce and in-house developed applications that are industry leading. We are seeking to add to our development team to build out a major new effort that will be based on Microsoft’s platform.
Role and Job responsibilities:
- Programming, developing and maintaining system applications that that support the operating functions at Unison Energy including building out a major new application for the core of our business and supporting extensions to existing systems.
- Must be able to acquire an understanding of Unison Energy’s business processes and apply what is learned into working applications that support the business.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to provide documentation of completed products from a user/technical perspective.
- Successful history of working with/balancing aggressive timelines and high expectations.
- Must have strong aesthetic skills for creating intuitive, attractive, and minimalist user interfaces with clear graphics.
- A strong project manager with a clear understanding of the importance of deadlines with the tenacity to meet deadlines.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Application programming.
- We require experience in the following languages with strong application design concepts and styling. Application formatting is a key driver.
- Visual Studio
- Visual Basic
- ASP.NETWeb Forms/MVC
- Mobile development
- JQuery/AJAX and asynchronous requests
- Java scripting
- HTML5 and CSS
- Web site design concepts and styling skills
- Database Programming.
- We require a comprehensive understanding of relational database and data warehousing concepts (transactional and dimensional).
- SQL Server 2008-2016
- Stored procedures
- SQL Server Integration and analysis services
- Designing ETL extractions from multiple data sources
- Knowledge of OLAP data cubes, reporting architectures
- Business intelligence Portal, Report and adhocanalysis.
- We require a familiarity with the following applications.
- MS Excel (power pivot)
- Information Builders (WebFocus)
- Microsoft Power BI
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft environment.
- Windows Server 2008-2016
- IIS all versions
Job Type: Full-time
- United States (Preferred)