Skin Occasions & Made Pretty Ink of Kingwood, Northeast Harris County’s most highly rated and comprehensive Day Spa, is actively recruiting a talented college semester intern to join our team. Even with COVID-19, we've continued to see strong retention and interest in our services, so maintaining and increasing our social media presence is of paramount importance. Our intern will have dual focus on social media development/promotion/marketing and general small business operations (phone intake bookings, inventory management, sales, etc.). The required work hours are: Tuesday thru Friday (8:30AM - 6PM), Saturday 8:30AM - 4PM, and Monday’s As Needed. The internship term itself is not set. The right candidate can continue the internship thru May of 2021 and perhaps longer with strong performance and mutual interest.
The selected intern must be able to work all of the required internship hours. This is a professional and beauty industry position, and as such, the selected candidate is required to have a business professional wardrobe who is also comfortable wearing, applying cosmetic makeup, and appearing in company photos without hesitation. Finally, Skin Occasions prides itself in being a professional yet family oriented supportive environment. Upon successful completion of the internship, the selected candidate can count on an exemplary professional reference as the candidate continues their education and professional career development.
Candidates Will Be Evaluated Using The Following Criteria
- Experience in Social Media Promotion/Marketing/Follower Building
- Experience in Photography and Social Media Interest Generation
- Knowledge of Creating Audiences and Strategies to Gain New Audience
- Knowledge Using Facebook & Instagram Ad Building Capabilities
- Experience Creating YouTube Channels
- Experience Using TikTok
- Experience Filming and Editing Using High End Smartphones
- Experience Using Twitter
- Experience Creating Marketing Materials via Canvas, Publisher, etc.
- Strong Record of Academic Excellence
- Excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills (comfortable and confident speaking English professionally)
- A Personable and Team-Oriented Attitude
- Strong Computer Productivity and Graphic Design Experience (can you design a newsletter, can you create brochures, etc.)
Other Evaluation Criteria Include The Following
- Interns with At Least 2-years of Active College Experience (rising 4-year college Juniors and above are preferred)
- Interns with Reliable Transportations (own vehicle is required)
- Interns with Close Proximity to Kingwood/Bush Airport Area
- Previous Experience Working in a Spa, Makeup Counter, or Beauty Industry
Visit our website and Facebook page to learn more about what we do, how we do it, and what our large base of clients say about us. Learn more, make more, and grow with Skin Occasions.
Job Types: Internship, Contract
Pay: $12.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Skin Occasions, LLC. takes extreme precautions to protect both its employees and clients alike. Absolutely nothing is more important than the well being of our staff.
- Social media management: 2 years (Required)
- Communication skills: 3 years (Required)
- Photography: 1 year (Preferred)
- Graphic design: 1 year (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
Company's Facebook page: