Academic Records Coordinator (Job Code 199448)
Full time, 37.5 hours per week
Clark University’s office of the University Registrar seeks to fill the position of Academic Records Coordinator.
The Academic Records Coordinator’s main responsibilities are to maintain student records and clear students for graduation. The coordinator also assists the Office Assistant in processing transcript requests and responding to internal and external constituent inquiries for the Registrar’s Office.
Major Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Process all requests within 48 business hours relating to all student records activities, including but not limited to: graduation clearance forms, enrollment certifications, transcript evaluations, College Board petitions, Dean Action Forms, grade changes, audit requests, P/F requests, course withdrawal forms, and major declaration forms.
- Continually evaluate undergraduate student progress toward graduation against program and university requirements; communicate with students and appropriate advisors regarding updates, outstanding requirements, and options, as necessary.
- As the University implements the electronic degree audit system, assume primary responsibility for updating the program requirements annually, each spring.
- Act as main liaison for Academic Advising and Dean of Students Office with regard to College Board petitions, transfer evaluations, and Dean Action Forms.
- Assist in evaluating transfer credit equivalencies for admitted undergraduate students.
- Assist with transcripts request processing and degree verifications, as needed.
- Act as primary back-up for the Office Assistant, including incoming calls, emails, and the front desk.
- Maintain the filing system for all student record requests and forms received.
- Provides guidance and direction for work-study students.
- Without exception, represent the Registrar’s Office and Clark University in a professional, helpful, prompt, and friendly manner to all internal and external constituents.
- Continually evaluate current processes within the office and recommend suggestions or improvements, if necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2+ years in a higher education setting;in an operational or administration office, preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated customer service orientated skills; friendly and positive demeanor; excellent interpersonal skills.
- Data entry experience with high level of accuracy; Microsoft Office experience, specifically Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Self-starter and quick learner.
This is a full-time, 37.5 hours per week, 12 month position with excellent benefits, which include employee and family tuition benefits, 4 weeks’ vacation, generous retirement plan, free use of campus fitness center and many more. The hourly rate is between $17.00 and $19.00 per hour depending upon experience.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience.
Please email résumé and cover letter to . Applicants must reference Job code 199448 in the subject line to be considered for this position.
Clark University embraces equal opportunity and affirmative action as core values: we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. This commitment applies to every aspect of education, services, and employment policies and practices at Clark. Our commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. All positions at Clark share in the responsibility for building a community that values diversity and the uniqueness of others by exhibiting integrity and respect in interacting with all members of the Clark community to create an atmosphere of fairness and belonging. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, inclusive of all women, to apply.