Moffitt Cancer Center is internationally recognized for our focus on personalized cancer care and translational research. The mission of Moffitt is clear, focused, and fully stated in nine words, "To contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." With a tradition of excellence that began with the first patient admission in 1986, dedicated Moffitt physicians, scientists, and staff members have remained committed to excellence in an atmosphere characterized by kindness, caring, and hope.
ARNP / PA-C – Inpatient APP Dept. – ICU / SCU
- Please Note: Premium Pay available based on variable shifts; including some weekends, evenings and nights.
Based in the Inpatient APP Department, this Intensive Care (ICU) / Supportive Care Unit (SCU) Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant provides patient care under the auspices of the Moffitt Medical Group (MMG) and serves as member of the academic medical enterprise; advancing the institutional mission of contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Assists physicians with the evaluation, management and treatment of a wide spectrum of patients with different medical problems, procedures and co-morbidities.
- Works within a defined scope of practice and under the authority of supervising physician(s) or by specific protocol(s).
- Clinical professional who demonstrates a passion for our mission, and who takes pride in delivering world class patient care in a collaborative, learning environment.
- The successful candidate will be a superior communicator, an engaged team member, and a knowledgeable, patient focused provider.
- Provides patient care as a member of an interdisciplinary team, working with many specialists to coordinate and optimize patient care.
- Correlates subjective and objective data to formulate a differential or working diagnosis.
- Formulates treatment plans for medical conditions within scope of practice.
- May perform minor surgical procedures within scope of practice.
- Prescribes oral and IV medications when appropriate, within the scope of practice.
- Documents patient care in accordance with medical staff rules.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- These positions (SCU APPs) are for our Special Care Unit (SCU), for inpatient care of patients who have a presently or potentially life threatening medical or surgical condition.
- The position will specifically cover night, weekend and holiday shifts and high volume peak activity (transfer and discharge) times as well. The role may span the clinical and research enterprise, and supports patient care, research, and education.
- Bachelor's degree at minimum; master's degree preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant or Advanced Registered Nurse program.
- Active FL medical license (or the ability to obtain one) and national certification by the appropriate accreditation body.
- Active BLS and ACLS.
- Experience in oncology or general internal medicine; previous specific experience preferred.