- The Meat Clerk is responsible for assisting and servicing customers at the Meat department. He/she must have excellent customer service skills, as they are usually working one on one with customers. He/she is responsible for following the customer satisfaction behaviors, to include being friendly, responsive, knowledgeable and passionate. He/she wraps meat product to be placed in the display cases later. The product must also be weighed and priced prior to being put out for sale. He/she must fill products into the service case, self-service cases, and other display areas and may also take down product at night. Meat clerks also do preparation of food products and work with cooked and uncooked foods. This may include the use of knives and slicers. He/she must maintain product quality by reviewing appearance, codes, and rotating product. He/she must maintain the Meat area in a clean/sanitary and visually appealing manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- On the job training is provided. Work in a courteous manner.
- Assist customers.
- Must work quickly and carefully while stocking/wrapping items at a reasonable expectancy.
- Visually identify product and PLU code.
- Handle various raw meat products to wrap, price, and stock into display cases.
- Operate meat department equipment such as auto wrapper, scale, and slicer.
- Retrieve product weighing up to 50 lbs. from the cooler to the prep room.
- Lift and load 5-40 lb trays/cases onto stock carts and push or pull.
- Take verbal orders over the telephone.
- Interact and communicate with others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Cut products with a knife. This requires repetitive motion and force on occasion.
- Prepare special customer requests.
- Lift and load product weighing up to 70 lbs.
- Sweep, clean up, and sanitize workstation as assigned by supervisor.
- Cleaning, maintaining, and sanitizing equipment, utensils, and other supply items.
- Clean display cases and fill supplies when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $12.75 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- meat: 1 year (Preferred)
- Supermarket: 1 year (Preferred)