Layfield has an immediate opportunity for an Customer Service/Inside Sales Representative to join our small yet dynamic team. This position plays an important role within our Kent branch as the successful candidate would be the frontline of Layfield in providing excellent customer service and helping extend our reach into new markets.
This position will report to the Regional Sales Manager and will work closely with our Sales & Technical Services staff.
- Provide internal and external customers with product support, quotes, orders and shipping information.
- Enter sales orders into our ERP system, follow up and prepare shipping documents, issue invoices and communicate order status to customers
- Track and research public bids for relevant projects, maintain a master public bid job list, issue quotes, and follow up with bidders
- Represent Layfield in a professional manner as the primary in-person representative at our Kent location to walk-in customers
- Maintain our customer database
- Forward specifications, samples, and literature to customers
- Assist with tradeshows, seminars, email marketing and market research as requested
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Exceptional verbal & written communication and customer service skills with the ability to understand customer requirements
- Must be self-motivated with strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Able to manage multiple tasks efficiently, accurately and prioritize deliverables to meet timelines
- Able to read blueprints and/or technical documents would be an asset
- Able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Proficient mathematical skills, some algebra and geometry required
- Experience with CRM and ERP software
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and general computer literacy
Education & Experience:
- 2-4 years’ experience required; previous sales and customer service experience preferred
- Associates degree or equivalent experience required. Associate, technical or bachelor’s degree preferred.
What does Layfield have to offer?
Layfield is committed to investing in people and creating a dynamic, rewarding employment experience. Layfield offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- 401K Contribution Package
- Vacation Benefits
You will also have the opportunity to enjoy a number of company events including BBQ's, holiday & family friendly events and more!
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume by using the 'Apply Now' button.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)