Salary Range $37,876.80 - $56,799.60
Greenville Utilities Commission (GUC) is an award winning local utility providing electric, gas, water, and waste water services to the residents and businesses of Greenville, NC and the surrounding communities. We are your neighbors and we are dedicated to our mission of enhancing the quality of life for those we serve by providing safe, reliable utility services at the lowest reasonable cost, with exceptional customer service. Our dedicated team members are committed to doing their best for our customers and co-workers every day. We recognize that our employees are our most valuable resource and encourage innovation and promote excellence through lifelong learning.
GUC employs a staff of approximately 435 team members and produces approximately $275M in annual operating revenue.
Position available for person to:
- Assist in maintaining overall financial records.
- Add and remove fixed assets in the financial and accounting system's fixed asset module.
- Reconcile fixed asset general ledger accounts monthly.
- Perform month end closing processes in the fixed asset module.
- Assist with auditing within the financial and accounting system iExpense module the monthly purchase card statements insuring items are accounted for properly, policies are being followed, and maintaining a record of the taxes which need to be self-assessed.
- Serve as a back-up for month end closing processes within the financial and accounting system for Payables, Purchasing, Inventory, Projects, and General Ledger Modules.
- Assist with monthly account reconciliations, and other accounting duties as required.
Minimum job requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably with a major in accounting or similar field.
- Three to five years of experience in accounting, bookkeeping, and accounting functions.
- Driver's License
Anticipated work schedule is Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Anticipated hiring range is $37,876.80 - $56,799.60. Applications accepted until filled.
Employment is contingent upon passing a physical examination including a drug/alcohol screening and a comprehensive background check. To ensure consideration, a completed Greenville Utilities application must be received in the Human Resources Office. Interested persons can contact the Human Resources Office at (252) 551-1513 if you have any questions. Our office is located on 801 Mumford Road.
Online applications only accepted thru GUC website at www.guccareers.com.
"An Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer”
“Greenville Utilities Commission participates in E-Verify