Lexus of Bellevue a dealership in the O'Brien Auto Group, is looking for Full-Time Technicians who are looking for a chance to advance and get factory training in a clean, and fast pace shop along the way. We’re looking for quality technicians with the drive, determination, and experience to work in our service department.
This applicant must be flexible and available Monday through Saturday with minimum scheduling conflicts.
We are looking for candidates who have a desire to grow with the company and are committed to working their shifts. Lexus of Bellevue has very high standards for our employees, and we want to make sure that our customers have an excellent experience while at our dealership.
What Lexus of Bellevue offers?
While compensation will be determined based off of experience/certifications, we offer a very competitive pay program including weekly pay and ASE reimbursement. In addition to a competitive wage, Lexus of Bellevue offers our full time employees a comprehensive benefits package; including Company-subsidized medical/dental/vision, 401k matching program, paid holidays and vacation time.
The Technician will be directly responsible for the repair and diagnosis of incoming vehicles in a professional and timely manner.
Responsibilities to Include:
- Perform all work as designated on repair orders.
- Inform service advisor if additional work is needed.
- Assist in training and supervising of apprentices
- Attend all training sessions and meetings.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area.
- Obey all company, OSHA, WISHA, environmental and other rules, regulations, and automotive laws.
- Diagnose customer vehicles and repair as needed.
- Properly describe cause and cure on every finished repair order.
- Responsible for quality of workmanship. Test drive before and after completion of repairs as needed.
- Understand that diagnosis time is included in most operation times.
- Inform dispatch or service advisor of any delays in which the promised time cannot be met.
- Escalate any “did not duplicate” to the shop lead, dispatch, diagnostic specialist or service manager.
- Return all spent parts in bin to the parts department upon completion.
Areas of Specialization:
- Air Conditioning System: Install air conditioners, know how to service and repair all components of the refrigeration system.
- Manual Transmission and Clutch System: Knows how to diagnose and repair all components of the clutch and manual transmission system.
- Automatic Transmission/Transaxle System: Has thorough knowledge of all parts of the automatic transmission system and theory on which it operates, performs special tests that check performance, repairs and replaces linkage, gear trains, hydraulic, electronic, and other parts of the automatic transmission.
- Brake System/ABS System: Knows how to service and is experienced in all minor and major brake repairs.
- Accessories Installation: Know how to install all special factory-offered accessories.
- Electrical Diagnosis and Repair: Has thorough knowledge to use all industry electrical diagnostic equipment. Knows how to diagnose all electrical components and perform needed repairs.
- Heavy Duty Engine Repairs: Knows how to diagnose and repair all external and internal engine parts including complete overhauls. Has thorough knowledge of the emissions systems.
- Runability Diagnosis and Repairs: Has completed training in runability systems. Works with specialized equipment to discover cause of engine, fuel system, or electrical/computer problems. Knows how to diagnose or to repair all emission systems. Follows all local and federal emission laws and regulations.
- Front End/Steering Systems: Knows how to operate front end alignment equipment. Knows how to balance wheels, align front ends (4 ways). Knows how to diagnose and repair front end steering systems as per manufacturers specifications and recommendations.
- Rear End: Has thorough knowledge of all parts of the rear end/differential system. Has the ability to diagnose problems and repair as needed.
- General Repairs and Services: Takes care of minor body adjustments, tune ups, other services, LOF’s radiator service, water leaks, squeaks, and rattles.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Regular attendance is essential.
- Work in cooperative, positive & professional manner with all personnel in the company.
- Treat members of the public and customers in a courteous and non-discriminatory manner. Maintain professional demeanor while at work.
- Must conform to company policy regarding non-discrimination and harassment.
Equipment/Machines/Tools Typically Used: Hydraulic or electric hoists, hydraulic jacks, engine hoists, jack stands, brake lathes, mechanical or hydraulic presses, drill press, tire servicing equipment, grinders, electric or gas welding equipment, diagnostic equipment, hand and air tools, and measuring tools. Hearing protection as required, face shield, clear goggles, welding goggles, respirators, face masks, and appropriate shoes.
Chemicals: Numerous chemicals are used/handled on a frequent basis. Employee will be trained by their supervisor on the safe handling/use of these substances. Employee will follow all safety directives at all times.
Physical Demands: Intermittent standing, walking, sitting, stooping, kneeling, and crouching; lifting 50 lbs or less on frequent basis and carrying 25 lbs or less on frequent basis; frequent pushing, pulling, twisting and turning of trunk, reaching and handling of objects; occasional climbing, balancing, and crawling.
Qualified candidates will have a valid driver's license, clean driving record, and the ability to pass a background check.
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
Salary: $100,000.00 to $130,000.00 /year
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Store Discounts
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan