- Microsoft SQL Server
Job Title: DBE (Database Engineer)
Location: Shelton CT
Duration: 6+ months
Responsibilities and Duties
- Plan and conduct structured testing of database designs to confirm functionality and performance, optimize and tune database schemas, stored procedures, triggers, dynamic queries, and work with developers to implement complete solutions.
- Develop and maintain database integrity, security, HA, DR planning.
- Design and implement DB deployment automation and automation of routine DB administration tasks using DevOps automation technologies.
- Experience with AWS technical essentials such as RDS, EC2, S3, security and networking.
- Maintain and implement database change control, release process for all production and non-production environments.
- Provide innovative leadership for ongoing daily and monthly activities including database maintenance, performance tuning, parameter tuning
- Plan and implement ongoing monthly and quarterly maintenance activities including patching cycles, upgrade cycles, security and auditing cycles
- Perform daily database administration tasks including monitoring, troubleshooting, and remediation activities
- Maintaining and contributing to internal team-knowledge documents/runbooks and SMTD and DB development based on policies, guidelines and standards.
Qualifications and Skills
- As a Database Engineer at Pitney Bowes, you thrive on working with all aspects of Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL and Mongo database development and support in a cloud/3+ tier/customer hosted enterprise application environment.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 6 years of professional experience working with software engineering groups in production support environments.
- The expectation is for this position to function within a DevOps culture providing in-depth database experience, working with latest versions of SQL Server (MSSQL), My SQL and/or Mongo and cloud technologies.
- You must be able to see opportunities where others see challenges. Build. Deploy. Bridge. Grow.
- In this role, you will join our Global Ecommerce Database team within the Engineering organization in Shelton/Danbury, CT, locations.
- Extensive background with SQL Server 2012-2016 and/or Linux/AWS MySQL 5.6.
- 6+ years DBA/DBE experience in the following areas:
- Administering MSSQL Active-Active, Active-Passive Cluster, Peer to peer replication, transactional replication and/or online reorg/reindexing.
- Knowledge of internal structure of indexes, statistics and system information schemas. o Proficient in performance tuning and optimization using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience with large database batch jobs, data transformations, T-SQL, stored procedures, triggers, database partitioning, log shipping, SSIS, and data encryption.
- Performance tuning using MSSQL database partitioning, both instance and SQL statement level tuning and/or ability to setup oracle partitioning o On online / offline reorg / re-indexing, Database backups, restores / recovery
- HA and DR including Log shipping, mirroring and Always-On technologies, with emphasis on work experience with Windows OS o Using backup/recovery tools
- SQL mail experience, including setting up and scripting alerts
- Experience with source control systems, database versioning and release processes.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Database schema design experience, and very knowledgeable in database design/implementation best practices
- 3+ years’ experience in Mongo 2.6 and above database including replica set knowledge
- Setting up authentication and encryption on Mongo database
- Working experience on Linux and shell scripting
- Monitoring, backup, restore and DR experience
- AWS certification is a plus.
- .Net, C# and Java programming languages is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information technology or equivalent
Job Types: Full-time, Contract