We Light The Way!
Acuity Brands (NYSE: AYI) is transforming the lighting industry. We take pride in our 13,000 employees, and they take pride in working with the best in the industry. Join a team committed to lighting the way to a more brilliant, connected, and productive world. Individually we are talented, but together we are unstoppable.
Acuity’s lighting and building management solutions vary from individual devices to intelligent network systems. With fiscal year 2018 net sales of $3.7 billion, Acuity Brands has operations throughout North America, and in Europe and Asia. Individual devices include lighting controls, lighting components, controllers for various building systems (including HVAC, lighting, shades and access control), power supplies, and prismatic skylights. Among other benefits, intelligent network systems can optimize energy efficiency and comfort as well as enhance the occupant experience for various indoor and outdoor applications, all the while reducing operating costs. We continue to expand our solutions portfolio, including software and services, to provide a host of other economic benefits resulting from data analytics that enables the “Internet of Things” ("IoT") and supports the advancement of smart buildings, smart cities, and the smart grid.
About this Team
The Sales Representative will drive preference through the sale of our luminaire and controls solutions to our strong customer base. In addition, this person will be responsible for developing and nurturing customer relationships that drive sales in the Charlotte territory; as well as, partner in the support of projects which involve multiple territories.
How you will contribute:
- Provide sales opportunities to the Solutions Group by calling on various buying influences in our defined territory. Buying influences are any company, organization, group and/or person who can influence the purchase of Solutions Group Products and Services. Meet sales goals and quotas set by sales management.
- Build and cultivate relationships with various buying influences which will support the Solutions Group value proposition. This effort should be done to maximize sales opportunities and profitability for Solutions Group Products and Services.
- Utilize toolsets provided by the company as well as external sources of information to search out and find potential sales opportunities for Solutions Group Products and Services. Provide support to develop pricing for the sales of Solutions Group Products and Services.
- Interact with other Holophane Sales Representatives throughout our organization to support sales of Solutions Group Products and Services in opportunities involving multiple territories and Solutions Group National Accounts and Focused Account personnel.
- Utilize ABS tools to increase sales rep effectiveness and improve sales results
- Provide post-sales support for Solutions Group Products and Services which may involve resolution of product deficiencies and/or delivery of material by third party partners.
- Be a positive and respected representative of the company in organizations and activities which involve industry leaders. This means participating actively in groups which educate and support the growth of Solutions Group Products and Services.
- Candidate must be able to utilize basic Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other technical programs to analyze business data and report effectively within a matrix organization. Candidate must be able to effectively communicate and work collaboratively in a matrix organization.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with 3 to 5 years of relevant experience is required.
- A basic understanding of the lighting and/or controls business is preferred.
- Overnight travel required. Percentage of travel based upon geographic needs.
Qualified Applicants will have:
- Relationship building and management based on creating value for our customers
- Active listening skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Work collaboratively in a territory
- Analyze business data to drive sales growth
- Proven track record of success over time
- Solid prospecting and business development skills
- Time management and a keen sense of priority
- Technical aptitude
- Results oriented
Job Type: Full-time
- lighting or controls: 1 year (Preferred)