Final Filing Date: February 27, 2023
The California Lottery is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic for our southern California locations.
Work will be both indoors and outdoors and subject to varying weather conditions, rain, heat, etc. Long hours standing on ladders, working in tight spaces, and in and around office cubicles. Driving state vehicles for long periods of time between facilities. May need to start work at early or late times as job conditions and facilities are required. Weekend and overtime work is required at times.
People are drawn to the California State Lottery because we:
- Generate supplemental funding for education. Each year the Lottery contributes approximately $1.8 billion. We have a worthy mission that we’re sure you’ll take pride in too.
- Are an energetic, creative, and talented team
- Value diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Empower team members to bring their knowledge, expertise, and innovation
- Recognize individual and team contributions
- Support the importance of work-life balance
- Invest in the professional development of our team members
- Are dedicated to preserving our environment by lowering our carbon footprint
Job Description and Duties
Job Description and Duties
Independently performs a variety of skilled work in the operation, maintenance, alteration, and repair of the building, grounds, and related systems found at the California Lottery's (Lottery) five Southern California district offices and one regional warehouse and other sites as designated by the Chief Engineer II. To include various plumbing, heating, electrical, office furniture, floor and wall repairs, finishes, and painting.
In addition to evaluating each candidate's relative ability, as demonstrated by quality and breadth of experience, the following factors will provide the basis for competitively evaluating each candidate:
- Demonstrated experience with repairing and refinishing painted surfaces.
- Demonstrated knowledge of installation, maintenance troubleshooting and repair of electrical systems and components.
- Demonstrated knowledge of office construction, set up, troubleshooting maintenance, and repair of modular systems furniture. Experience installing, replacing, troubleshooting, and repairing commercial plumbing, sewer, and gas conveyance systems.
- Experience with customer services in a high-paced environment.
- Experience with Maintenance Management programs.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $5,111.00 - $5,890.00 per month
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: On the road