TO APPLY: Click Apply!
Rocky Mountain Voter Outreach is seeking Grassroots Canvass Directors! We are looking for experienced Canvass Directors to help Get out the Vote for Democrats in Congressional District 4 this Mid Term election.
JOB SUMMARY: A Grassroots Canvass Director (CD) works directly with the Project Manager (PM) and the larger CRS Management team to implement a strategic field outreach plan with specific campaign deliverables. Canvass Directors recruit, train, and manage a staff of canvassers with the goal of disseminating targeted grassroots and grass-tops messaging on a statewide ballot initiative. Being a director requires that you work independently, exercise good judgment and work hard to meet the office’s staffing, campaign, and fieldwork goals.
COMPENSATION: $3600 per month, exempt. Pay is bi-weekly.
ABOUT: Rocky Mountain Voter Outreach (RMVO) is a public outreach firm where our team of outreach professionals consists of field experts who specialize in targeted voter outreach, including door-to-door and event canvassing. We are experts at developing and executing a superior communications strategy for political and non-political campaigns. RMVO prides itself on high-quality outreach for all campaigns we are involved in. Whether for petition drives to get a candidate on the ballot, general candidate and issue education, or the final push to ensure the candidate is elected, we work through all stages of the campaign with the same attention to detail and professionalism.
Essential Job Functions:
- Field Work– Canvass 3 days per week minimum. Perform field training and regular field check-ins with all staff.
- Recruitment– Anticipate and meet the staffing requirements of the campaign to meet client deliverables. Conduct interviews and hire successful canvassers, complete all relevant paperwork for new hires.
- Staff Management– Manage staff, including field managers and canvassers. Create and follow training plans. Hold staff accountable for working scheduled shifts, timeliness, meeting quota, professionalism, etc. Discipline staff members when appropriate in consultation with HR, up to and including terminating employees as necessary. Hold regular director and field manager meetings. Debrief and meet individually with staff on a regular basis. Ensure all staff follow all laws and company policies.
- Office Culture– Create a professional, positive, and goal-oriented culture to help meet deliverables. Set and hold staff accountable to clear expectations. Develop a strong leadership team.
- Client Relations– Provide clear, concise, and professional context on day-to-day operations.
- Administration–Collect and analyze data from daily and weekly operations. Ensure maintenance, management, and security of client and organizational data. Implement quality control and best practices in data collection, signature gathering etc.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Prior canvassing, organizing, and/or leadership experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, file & folder organization, etc.
- Must think critically, problem solve, and troubleshoot.
- Public speaking, interpersonal communication, formal writing, and strong telephone skills.
- Attention to detail, office management/administrative experience.
- Organized, efficient, and good at multi-tasking; must be an excellent time manager and keep a tight schedule.
Environment & Physical Demands:
- 70% Field: an ability to canvass and do in-field check-ins, up to 4 days/week, multiple hours walking outdoors over uneven terrain at times, during daylight and evening hours.
- 30% Office - the ability to work within a professional office environment and interact appropriately with the client.
Bonuses for Drivers: Folks who drive with us can make up to $200extra on every paycheck thanks to our generous mileage reimbursement.
TO APPLY: Click Apply!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $3,600.00 /month
- Management: 1 year (Required)
- Canvassing: 1 year (Required)
- Albuquerque, NM (Preferred)