- The purpose of this position is to oversee the activities of the manufacturing floor, ensuring that production is accomplished on schedule, on budget, and with acceptable quality.
- Reports to: General Manager.
Essential Functions & Duties
- Accomplishes the published production schedule by coordinating and monitoring the manufacturing floor activities.
- Maintains staffing requirements by communicating staffing needs, orienting/training, and cross-training employees.
- Works with machine crews to meet and exceed production rates and minimize changeover times.
- Tracks group attendance and monitors vacation schedule to ensure that machine centers are staffed.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring production activities and shifting resources as needed.
- Maintains product quality by communicating and enforcing quality standards and processes.
- Ensures operation of equipment by coordinating maintenance support.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment by ensuring that production areas are clean and organized.
- Identifies and investigates potential cost reduction or productivity improvement opportunities.
- Light to Moderate.
- Walking, occasional light lifting.
Working Conditions and Environment
- Typical manufacturing floor environment.
- Person Profile
- Education and Training
- High school (Required).
- Valid US driving license (Required).
- Valid passport or ability to get one within 90 days of hire.
- Knowledge & Skills
- Strong leadership and communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- Proven ability to lead people.
- Ability to use computer systems, including manufacturing systems, e-mail, and Microsoft Office.
- Previous supervisory experience required, preferably 5+ years.
- Communication Skills
- Fluent (written, spoken, and comprehension) in English.
- Proficiency in a second language (Spanish) would be helpful, but not required.
- Ability to communicate ideas and performance criteria effectively and with different audiences.
- Physical Requirements
- Physically fit with ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to remain standing and walking around large facilities for long durations.
This policy is subject to change from time to time according to prevailing conditions and needs.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 /hour
- Production Supervisor: 5 years (Preferred)
- manufacturing: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off