Position: Steel Mill Service Specialist
Location: Seattle, WA
Minerals Technologies Inc. (MTI) is a resource- and technology-based company that develops, produces and markets worldwide a broad range of specialty mineral, mineral-based and synthetic mineral products and related systems and services. The Company has four reportable segments: Specialty Minerals, Performance Materials, Refractories and Energy Services.
The Minteq International Inc. division is the premier supplier of engineered refractory lining systems, metallurgical wire products, bulk calcium and calcium alloy products, refractory measurement systems, and advanced carbon products.
MTI provides a business environment and promotes a culture that encourages all employees to contribute to our success. We have long been committed to the recruitment and advancement of the most talented and qualified people. We recognize that MTI’s ability to provide the highest caliber of products and services is enhanced by a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities and countries in which we work.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Steel Mill Service Specialist. The Steel Mill Service Specialist will function at a high level in several key areas and have expertise with all equipment, including troubleshooting and preventive maintenance.
- Apply material (product) and use all relevant equipment as required
- Follow all standard operating procedures regarding equipment and applications of product
- Regularly perform specialty applications, e.g., iron ladles, steel ladles, electric arc furnace
- Assist in the rotation of product inventory and minimize usage of consumables.
- Understand all equipment operations; keep equipment clean and in working order
- Perform advanced preventive maintenance of all equipment
- Perform advanced troubleshooting of all equipment
- Record consumable parts usage and monitor inventory of parts
- Complete turn paperwork and submit it as required by Shop Supervisor
- Maintain EAF recordkeeping and field trial reports
- Assist in emergency call outs, help in other shops, and handle special applications
- Maintain a strong focus on satisfying the customer
- Assist in new trials provide feedback to Shop Supervisor and other managers
- Participate in the testing of new products, provide feedback
- Identify new sales opportunities, suggest new ideas
- Actively participate in our on-going safety culture
Qualifications and Experience:
- A high school diploma is required, trade school certification or Associates preferred.
- Advanced experience with hydraulics, pneumatics and electrical
- Previous steel-making or other related experience preferred
- Must have strong technical skills
- Ability to work independently and learn quickly
- Strong focus on customer and quality
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay, commensurate with experience
- Health/Dental/Vision plans
- 401k company match
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability & Long Term Disability
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Assistance Plan
*Due to the volume of resumes we receive, only candidates meeting position requirements will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Hydraulics: 5 years (Required)
- Steel Making: 3 years (Required)
- Electrical: 5 years (Required)
- Pneumatics: 5 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks - learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma