LEGACY Supply Chain Services, a leading distribution, technology, and integrated logistics provider has been recognized by Inbound Logistics as a Top 100 3PL Provider and by Inc. Magazine as one of the 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in America.
We are currently seeking an Import and Compliance Specialist for our Burlingame, CA office. This position will perform the entry writer functions, and will report directly to the Customs and Compliance Manager.
Successful candidate must demonstrate strong work ethic and attention to detail, as well as conduct consistent with Legacy Supply Chain Services values-based culture.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities for this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. The individual performing this job function is empowered with adequate authority to exercise the required duties and responsibilities of the position to insure that all work performed meets or exceeds LEGACY, SCS standards for safety, quality, productivity, and conduct.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for daily entry filing, familiar with OGAs (FDA, FCC, USDA, etc.) requirements.
- Prepare entry documentation including 7501, 3461, etc.
- Prepare customs brokerage file
- Verify arrival information with Airlines/NVOCC's/ Steamship Lines, etc.
- Rate commercial invoice with tariff numbers
- Verify country of origin
- Prepare entry documents for Customs approval and Duty payment
- Prepare delivery order, send to trucker, verify receipt
- Advise importers of any areas of tariff classification, regulations and procedures.
- Ensure that all entries are filed on time and freight delivered in a timely manner in accordance with company and customer expectations.
- Background in Cargowise preferred
- Background in FTZ weekly blanket and withdrawal preferred.
- Maintain Customer Service functions and follow guidelines and procedures for handling customer issues.
- Process incoming and outgoing customer calls to provide customer satisfaction
- Provide initial Customer Service functions on new inquiries.
Education and Requirements:
- Educational – High School diploma or equivalent. Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in a Supply Chain or related field preferred.
- Systems Usage/Data Entry – Above average PC skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and Windows-based systems.
- Communication and Customer Service – Applicant must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with clients (internal and external) and vendors via phone, email, fax, in-person or any other means as required.
- Organization – Customer and File management skills are essential in this position. Applicant must be able to constantly maintain all customer related information, and be able to provide information to customers and management on an on-going basis. Systemization of file management is crucial.
- Retention – Applicant must be able to process and retain knowledge of client and vendor specific procedures, as well as tools necessary to seek information.
- Precision – Applicant must understand the necessity of providing error-free work, and exhibit the ability to process shipments correctly and consistently.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands and environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
LEGACY Supply Chain Services recognizes and values the diversity of its teammates, customers and business partners. EOE/M/F/D/V
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $43,000.00 to $48,000.00 /year
- Supply Chain Management: 3 years (Preferred)