Pine Run is a not-for-profit, continuing care retirement community owned and operated by Doylestown Hospital. We are currently hiring a Admissions Coordinator for our 40-bed Memory Care Unit. Responsibilities include maintaining census, representing The Garden to all potential residents and their families and to other referral sources, and to participate in determining appropriateness of admission to The Garden.
Meets Budget Parameters
- Meets or exceeds planned census for residence by-
- Controlling the entire inquiry, admissions and discharge process.
- Utilizes available software for marketing and electronic medical records.
- Scheduling and participating in pre-admissions assessments.
- Maintaining accurate documents of the census, including admissions and discharge data for Pine Run Financial Services and the Department of Human Services.
- Visiting and maintaining continuing favorable relationships with discharge planning departments of local hospitals, local physicians, and other referrals sources and their office staff as needed to maintain census.
- Tracks community fees.
- Assesses/reassesses market needs; develops solutions to resolve barriers to reach sales/marketing goals.
- Acts as a liaison to Hospitals, Physicians, and Pine Run Administrative Team.
- Participates in reviews as directed with the Administrator and Sr. Director of Marketing, providing consistent feedback on progress or challenges. Identifies census performance situations. Communicates regularly to verify priorities, timeliness of projects and update successes.
- Provides monthly reports of sales and marketing activity. Provides input regarding the appearance, budgeting, and capital needs of The Garden.
- Participates in consumer satisfaction activities as appropriate.
- Assembles and provides marketing materials for perspective clients and referral sources.
Ensures Areas Of Responsibility Are Inspection Ready 365 Days A Year
- Maintains knowledge of pertinent Personal Care Regulations, Americans with Disabilities Act and Fair Housing Act.
- Ensures all contractual documents and DHS business office files are completed and kept according to regulation.
- Photographs all new residents, and updates all photographs to ensure regulatory compliance. Distributes photographs to Administration and Personal Care and enters it into the electronic medical record.
Assists In Creating A Cooperative, Respectful, Competent, Interactive Staff
- Communicates effectively with all departments to ensure each is aware of all pending admissions and discharges and to schedule their participation in resident/family orientation.
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
- Creates A Homelike Atmosphere That Fosters Individual Quality Of Life And Family Involvement For Assisted Living Residents By:
- Facilitates the Resident’s move including EMR, data entry, and set up.
- Schedules and coordinates orientation to the residence for the resident and his/her family.
- Provides initial information to the Director of Resident Care and Life Enrichment for the initial service plan upon admission.
- Provides information to resident/families as to veteran’s benefits, Medicare/Medicaid and other financial assistance programs available to the resident.
- Initiates Long Term Insurance Claims through appropriate Pine Run Departments.
- Provides residents with information concerning resident's rights, funds, living wills, etc. and explains as necessary.
- Assists in creating and maintaining an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the facility.
Is Recognized As A Leader In The Field By Peers, Professional Organizations, Referral Sources And The Community
- Maintains quality working relationships with the medical profession and other health related facilities and organizations.
- Attends and participates in continuing educational programs designed to keep abreast of changes in the profession.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with Pine Run's EXPOSURE PREVENTION PLAN for occupational exposure of blood-borne pathogens.
- Adheres to Pine Run Policies and Procedures, and Fire/Disaster Plan.
- Must pass required health screen and testing before employment begins and yearly thereafter, as applicable to the position.
- Must have an acceptable criminal history report as defined by the Older Adults Protective Services Act and its amendments.
- Must pass required Department of Human Services Training test on-line before working with Residents one-on-one.
- B.S.W. or B.A. in human services, marketing, or related field preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Job Type: Part-time