- Manage, set direction, implement, facilitate and administer the KAPS program and culture, policies and initiatives at the plant.
- Primary focus will be involving all employees into the KAPS program utilizing Lean Manufacturing methods and process improvement strategies through adequate interactivity and alignment with global management.
- Define objectives, goals and milestones, with Plant Manager(s) and KAPS Core Team.
- Coordinate the national KAPS deployment strategy, planning and implementation processes.
- Coordinate the planning of KAPS projects scheduling in the plant(s), together with Management and KAPS Experts.
- Supervise the reporting, feedback and information flows.
- Manage the local KAPS Experts team and other resources, in accordance with plant policies and KAPS roadmap.
- Coordinate KAPS implementation with other KAPS initiatives, including KAIZEN tools.
- Coordinate the workshops planning, organization and resourcing (including additional workshops, when needed).
- Coordinates the approval, with Plant Management, of new lay-outs and/or other organizational critical changes (processes, facilities, procedures, resources).
- Coordinates continuous improvement tools, including Suggestion Schemes.
- Coordinates the internal KAPS marketing activities, in order to spread lean culture and respective organizational value.
- Leads by example by coordinating change process management (activities, documentation, other).
- Coordinates the training processes, planning and resourcing, ensuring acquaintance with lean knowledge requirements.
- Train KAPS Experts and Plant Management on required knowledge, tools and practices.
- Support shop floor teams and employees (coaching, mentoring, and guidance).
- Coordinates specified KAPS standards (critical activity). Plans and coordinates KAPS audits.
- Track implementation activities and identify process deviations/roadblocks (including reporting and escalation); coordinate and propose identification of alternatives and solutions to KAPS teams, Plant Manager(s) and upper levels.
- Drive and support process reviews and improvement potentials, reporting status to Plant Management and KAPS teams.
- Locally coordinate the project cost and payback calculations, in accordance with previous budget assumptions. Detect and report to the KAPS and local Management the financial deviations to the KAPS plans and project forecasts, and propose adequate contra measures or correction strategies and actions.
- Locally coordinate the action plans to correct, or improve, the financial deviations to KAPS plans and project forecasts.
- Promote the spread and common share of KAPS philosophy, culture and ensure connections and implementation standards within national KA organizations.
- Ensure adequate communication between national KAPS teams and with KAPS Core Team.
- Any other reasonable request made by management.
- Contributes to a safe, clean and comfortable work environment that complements the Occupational Health and Safety Act by ensuring the principles of the 5S discipline (simplify, separate, sanitize, standardize and support) are supported and adhered to.
- Ensures he/she is in full compliance with U.S. and/or state laws,
Job Type: Full-time
- Quality Engineer: 5 years (Required)