Lion’s Edge Printing & Design is searching for a full-time, permanent graphic designer with managerial experience. Lion’s Edge is an in-plant print facility for the Heidelberg Distributing Family of Companies, a leading wine and beer distributor in Ohio and Kentucky. We are located in Queensgate just outside of downtown Cincinnati.
Manager of Large Format Printing
This managerial role is new to the large format print department and will require strong communication skills and the ability to develop and manage the critical path of print requests and project scheduling.
- Manage the work flow of a team of four large format graphic designers in Corel Draw (PC) and Adobe Creative Suite (Mac) environments
- Proactively resolve solutions for time- and cost-efficient production methods
- Design banners, signs, and wall wraps for restaurants, bars, festivals, as needed
- Ability to effectively communicate and meet with customers and company Associates in person, email and phone.
- Completes projects by coordinating with customer and occasionally outside art services, printers, etc.
- Ability to organize and prioritize jobs as they are received by email, web, phone, and walk-ins
- Give presentations at the company's nine locations within Ohio and Kentucky to new sales and admin Associates on how to use our in-plant print shop and web order form
- Exceed expectations and provide superior customer service
- Collaborate with the Manager of Small Format Printing as needed
- Three+ years working with print management, large format digital
- Graphic design degree preferred or proven experiential skills
- Proficient with Adobe products (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat) and/or Corel Draw
- Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel for scheduling and some reporting
- Time-management, project-management and communication skills a must
- Energetic. This is a hands-on position
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to details
- Quarterly bonus
- Medical and dental benefits
- Free parking