We're always expanding and need people that enjoy:
- Determining systems issues
- Learning about commercial hot water recirculation systems and fixing them the proper way
- Reducing energy with central hot water equipment & helping the environment
WE PROVIDE FULL BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, Retirement, Bonuses, Profit Sharing, Full-time with Over-time and Double-time Income, Tools and Service Vehicle Provided, along with Paid Holidays and Vacation.
- Journeyman Opening: Commercial Hot Water Field Equipment Specialist - Starting at $22 - $38/hour ($57,400 - $72,318/year)
- Estimator: Retrofit Replacements, Repair & Service Proposals Preparation and Writing- Starting at $62,000 - $82,000/year
- Apprentice: Position to become a Hot Water Field Equipment Specialist - Starting at $15 - $20/hour ($31,200 - $42,200/per year)
BATEMAN WATER HEATING ENGINEERING, INC.
Job Description: Journeyman – Commercial Hot Water Equipment Field Specialist
Under the direction of the Service Office Field Operations Supervisor, the specialist is responsible for installing and replacing commercial hot water hot water equipment, repairing and maintaining near commercial hot water hot water equipment pipes, fixtures and other plumbing used for water hot water equipment and distribution of hot water. Maintains the commercial hot water equipment by assembling, installing, and repairing, pipes, fittings, vent, hot water tanks, water heaters, hot water solar systems, controls, electrical control components in our greater Los Angeles county service area. Maintain and provide for the safe, efficient condition and operation of all commercial hot water equipment and systems in Bateman Water Heating Engineering, Inc. service area.
- Assemble, install, maintain, and pressure test all pipes, fittings, and fixtures of heating, water, hot water, drainage, venting, and gas systems according to specifications and plumbing codes.
- Determine sources of malfunctions and complete repairs as indicated or according to work orders. Locate and mark positions for new hot water equipment installations.
- Install and repair pipes, fittings, valves, electrical low voltage controls and hot water plumbing system equipment, including water heaters, water conditioners, hot water solar system components etc.
- Read blueprints, drawings, and specifications to determine the layout of hot water plumbing systems, water supply, and return, flow control and networks.
- Plan, install and service commercial hot water equipment, plumbing systems, piping hot water equipment, and controls; test pipe systems for leaks and test control operation.
- Repair hot water equipment that incorporates gas, solar and electric water heating.
- Receive and complete work orders.
- Select material and hardware and make time and materials estimates.
- Maintain accurate records of material and labor used.
- Maintain inventory of Bateman Water Heating Engineering, Inc -owned tools, equipment, and materials.
- Inspect jobs upon completion and ensure areas are safe, clean, to code and industry standards.
- Work with building principals and supervisors to complete projects.
- Detect needed repairs on buildings commercial hot water hot water equipment and associated equipment following established inspection procedures.
OTHER DUTIES BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Respond to emergency calls as needed.
- Perform preventive maintenance on tools and equipment; ensure that equipment is in safe operating condition.
- Operate tools and equipment according to established safety procedures.
- Maintain all building codes, installation requirements and relevant legislation.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties including lifting and climbing, etc.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
- Frequent service area-wide travel.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Methods, materials, techniques, tools, and equipment used in the repair, maintenance, and construction work.
- Rules, regulations, and operational procedures pertaining to the repair, maintenance, and construction of low-rise and high-rise buildings, machines, and equipment.
- Safe working methods and procedures.
- Basic computer skills, such as accessing internet and e-mails through a desktop computer and mobile devices.
- Knowledge of commercial hot water equipment, plumbing and electrical repairs, maintenance, and installation techniques.
- Knowledge of local and state regulatory plumbing and mechanical code requirements.
- Ability to read and understand and interpret blueprints, diagrams, schematics, and written reference material.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve problems.
- Ability to use hand, power and diagnostic tools.
- Able to read and understand bulletins, regulations, rule books, manufacturer manuals, and work instructions.
- Able to communicate effectively in the English language both orally and in writing.
- Able to accurately transcribe numbers, letters or words on to forms such as material requisitions or inspection forms.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Concentrate on a single task for up to two (2) hours at a time.
- Learn quickly and adapt to a variety of technologies, tools, instructions, and task methods.
- Meet deadlines in terms of work assignment schedules.
- Interact daily in person with other members of the Bateman Water Heating team and staff, along with possessing comfortable interpersonal skills and cooperative attitudes.
- Maintain consistent attendance due to the urgent nature of duties and because work product of position is interdependent with that of other staff.
- Convey an understanding, patient attitude toward others.
Experience: Three years of experience as a skilled worker in the plumbing and or the HVAC trade.
Education: Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade, supplemented by training in plumbing and or the HVAC maintenance trades.
License Requirement: Possession of a valid California Motor Vehicle Operator's license without any moving violations on record. Licensed Journeyman Specialist in the State of California and or worked for a commercial hot water equipment service company with direct experience with the specialty.
Conditions of Employment:
- Independent worker
- Maturity and good judgment
- Neat and clean appearance
- Willingness to assume a wide range of responsibilities
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Willingness to continuously improve
- Pleasant interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills
- Commitment to professional courtesy
- Belief in high standards
- Commitment to professional responsibility
- High intrinsic motivation
- Indoor and outdoor work environment
- Regular exposure to fumes, dust, lint, and dirt
- Physical dexterity in limbs and digits to operate hand and power driven tools and equipment commonly used in the plumbing field.
- Physical ability to lift, carry, push, and/or pull up to 50-pounds on a regular basis, and occasionally up to 100-pounds.
- Ability to continually walk, stand, climb, stoop, bend, kneel, reaches in all directions.
- Ability to maintain balance working off the ground using ladders, scaffolds, and/or mechanical lifts.
- Ability to climb ladders and work in high, precarious places.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work outside; exposed to heat and cold.
- Ability to see and read with or without vision aids.
- Ability to climb stairs.
- Ability to hear and speak to exchange information clearly in the English language.
- Ability to perform maintenance duties and read blueprints, drawings, and specifications in the English language.
Operation of Vehicles, Machinery, and Equipment Requirements:
- Ability to travel to a variety of locations within a reasonable time frame.
- Must be able to operate machinery and components properly and safely related to work responsibilities.
- Must be able to operate office, multimedia, and computer equipment.
Mental and Emotional Requirements:
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Ability to work independently with little direction.
- Ability to concentrate to meet numerous deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Ability to make independent decisions to respond to numerous requests, deadlines, and to prioritize assignments.
- Ability to exchange information accurately.
- Ability to learn the procedures, functions, and limitations of assigned duties.
- Working around and with machinery having moving parts.
- Working at heights.
- Power tools and flying debris.
- Electrical power supply, high voltage, natural gas, high water temperatures, and hot surfaces.
The following is not part of the descriptions above, it’s for reference only.
After completing an apprenticeship, which typically takes three (3) to five (5) years, and passing an exam, you can become a journeyman. Another three (3) or four (4) years of working as a journeyman may give you enough experience to qualify to take the exam to become a master commercial hot water equipment specialist.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $57,400.00 to $72,318.00 /year
- Field Service: 3 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Eagle Rock, CA (Preferred)
- California Drivers License (Required)