- Perform mechanical engineering assignments under general direction with discretion to work detail.
- Lead a team of Engineers to complete a customer order or engineering project
- Perform engineering analysis on mechanical systems.
- Prepare designs and specifications for mechanical devices and systems.
- Develop schedules on all jobs and comply with the same.
- Ensure that all work performed is engineered in accordance with the requirements of the customer’s specifications.
- Ensure that all work performed is engineered in accordance with Hydra Rig’s standard engineering practices.
- Verify that equipment design has been tested properly and meets or exceeds the expectations of the customer’s specifications and design goals.
- Develop all information necessary for the operation manuals of equipment designs performed.
- Act as liaison between other departments when necessary to ensure the success of the project.
- Refer all problems beyond scope of responsibilities to direct supervisor.
- Train, check, and lead new Engineers
- Follow the engineering department rules and procedures.
- Responsible to follow all applicable company and corporate policies, procedures and programs, including but not limited to the process map, support processes, safety and environmental requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering required.
- 2 plus years’ experience in the design mechanical systems.
- Structural design experience is required.
- Good communication skills are required.
- Leadership skills are required.
- Proficiency in the use of AutoCAD is desirable but not mandatory.
- Must have working knowledge of hydraulic and electrical design.
- Knowledge of standard manufacturing processes and practices.