About the Job
Allied Technical Services LLC (ATS) is looking for a Construction / Installation Site Lead to work on the Transportation Security Administration Screening Equipment Deployment Services TSA SEDS project. This position will work remotely but may require 50 - 75% travel within the United States and its territories.
Works remotely as well as onsite at various U.S. airports under a Transportation Security Administration (TSA) contract. Operates on a regular schedule as well as in coordination with site specific schedule requirements. Communicates effectively in person as well as by phone and email. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision. A considerable degree of creativity and latitude is required. High level of reliability is required.
Duties include planning and execution oversight of site surveys, site design and design reviews, as-built drawings, Site Implementation Plan (SIP), site preparation, logistics services, shipping, rigging, installation of equipment, removal of equipment, and site restoration. Must participate in all relevant meetings and conference calls; as well as produce clear, concise, and timely reports of work performed.
BA/BS + 6 years or MA/MS + 4 years. Eight years of additional related experience may be substituted for a BA/BS degree. Degree should be in Engineering, Science, or Mathematics.
· Five (5) years experience as a Project Manager on airport projects in a construction, Baggage Handling System/material handling and/or systems engineering environment (Exceptions must be approved by the COR).
· Familiarity with the Planning Guide and Design Standards for Checked Baggage Inspection Systems
· Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Must physically able to lift over 40 lb. bags, climb stairs, and maneuver over/around conveyors.
· Must not have any conflict of interest with the airport projects they will be overseeing.
AND at least two (2) of the following
· Five (5) years experience as a Project Manager on airport design and/or construction projects involving baggage handling systems, including basic proficiency with either Microsoft Project or Primavera scheduling software.
· Five (5) years as a designer of complex checked baggage inspection systems.
· Five (5) years as an airport terminal planner/designer, with specific experience with construction phasing and airport/airline operations.
· Five (5) years as a controls (electrical) engineer with expertise in Programmable Logic Controls (PLC) programming of complex checked baggage inspection systems
· Execution of functional check-out and testing of at least five (5) outbound sortation systems, including matrixed and/or mini-in-line checked baggage inspection systems (CBIS).
· Mechanical, electrical or programming experience of at least three (3) outbound sortation systems.
· Three (3) years experience as a Site Lead for the Electronic Baggage Screening Program (EBSP), with experience in conducting at least three (3) Test Readiness Reviews (TRRs).
· Four (4) years experience in maintenance of complex in-line checked baggage inspection systems.
Candidates must have a good driving record and. Must be available for overtime as needed in addition to significant travel. Ability to work in secure environments and pass applicable background checks is a must.
Specific experience with airport Security Screening Equipment is a plus: Garrett, CEIA, Smiths Detections, Rapiscan, Morpho Detection and L3.
All applicants must be a U.S. citizen.
Job Type: Full-time
- TSA/airport: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Work from home