The University of Kansas Health System is a world-class academic medical center and destination for complex care and diagnosis. We are driven by our commitment to service, to continuous improvement and to the highest degree of excellence. Every member of our team shares an unwavering commitment to put patients first. We offer a wide array of career opportunities, along with competitive pay and outstanding benefits. We invite you to join us as we continue to advance the power of academic medicine.
Position Summary/Career Interest
Neurodiagnostics Technician Assistant works under the general direction of the Neurodiagnostic Manager and in partnership with the Neurodiagnostic Technicians to perform support care activities with a customer service focus, providing culturally sensitive care to meet patient needs at all times. Demonstrate competence in areas of critical thinking, interpersonal relationships, and technical skills to perform restorative care in addition to surveillance and basic interpretation of various physiological monitoring for patients on designated nursing units.
- Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
- Assist with Electroencephalograph monitoring of patients as requested. Inclusive of electrode replacement, troubleshoot loose electrode connections, assign equipment and appropriately label and tag the data collection to match the medical record.
- Assure the brain waveforms recording are free of artifacts and the equipment software is programmed with precision for the assigned patient.
- Report all observed patient concerns and changes in condition to nurses and/or EEG technicians.
- Perform minor maintenance and cleaning of equipment, bed rail pads and restock supplies as needed
- Perform ambulation, hyperventilation and photic stimulation to trigger neurologic response on designated EEG monitoring patients.
- At the conclusion of data collection, disconnect patients from the electrode, clean and remove equipment and bed rail pads from patient room.
- Assure that the patients are within view of camera(s) at all times
- Ensures that all interventions and/or patient interactions are appropriately documented in the patient’s medical record.
- BLS Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Window base computer base software
- Applying to or already enrolled in a CAHEEP Neurodiagnostic Program
- Associate's Degree
- Experience in a healthcare, biotechnology, or biosciences related field