Perform functions to assist with various aspects of Human Resources within the Heart of the House including, but not limited to employee relations, training, performance management and compliance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Serves as Human Resources contact for the Heart of the House team. Responds to employee and management inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
2. Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment, rules and regulations, including but not limited to, Workers’ Compensation, FMLA, I-9s, FLSA, EEO and FCRA.
3. Coaches, counsels and guides managers before executing associate disciplinary actions.
4. Conducts investigation of employee complaints.
5. Collaborates in the planning and execution of associate engagement initiatives. Partners with cross-functional colleagues to understand and meet the associate engagement needs of different business areas. Project manages company sponsored special events (e.g. Employee Appreciation Week, wellness activities, social responsibility events).
6. Maintains and processes all Unemployment Notices of Entitlement and potential charges in a timely, efficient manner.
7. Assists management in the implementation and communication of employee handbooks, policies, procedures and provides interpretation as needed.
8. Partners with HR team in the areas of training and employee development. Participates in the annual benefits enrollment and performance evaluations processes.
9. Participates in the on-boarding process. Completes and maintains necessary documentation and may coordinate and conduct new hire orientation.
10. Coordinates the termination process including conducting exit interviews and completing necessary documentation.
11. Maintains employee files and records while complying with legal requirements to protect employee privacy.
12. Participates in departmental meetings, external conferences and seminars.
13. Maintains awareness of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions. Generates and files all required reports as needed.
14. Assists with other support activities and special projects as needed to maintain workflow and efficiency within the Human Resources functions.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
1. Conduct business at all times with the highest standards of personal, professional and ethical conduct.
2. Perform or assist with any operations as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules. Notify supervision of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for additional material and supplies.
3. May participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines.
4. Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing the work.
5. Follow all policies and Standard Operating Procedures as instructed by Management.
6. Perform any range of special projects, tasks and other related duties as assigned.
No supervisory responsibilities.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field from an accredited college or university, three to five years of HR experience and one year of employee relations and HR compliance experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies
· Knowledge and ability to apply Federal, State and local employment laws.
· Excellent customer service skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate and provide guidance to all employee levels.
· Detail oriented and strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
· Must have strong proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office, including but not limited to Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook. Proficiency researching the Internet. Previous experience with HRIS systems preferred.
· Ability to work with sensitive or confidential information.
· Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
· Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently and be self-driven
· Critical thinking, problem solving, judgment and decision making abilities.
Tools & Equipment Used
Computer and peripherals, standard and customized software applications and tools, and usual office equipment.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
This position works under usual office conditions. The employee is required to work at a personal computer as well as be on the phone for extended periods of time. Must be able to stand, sit, walk and occasionally climb. The incumbent must be able to work extended and flexible hours and weekends as needed. Physical demands include ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work may involve some driving/traveling to properties.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Human resources: 3 years (Preferred)
- Employee relations: 1 year (Preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place