The Accounting Specialist will collaborate with the members of the Executive Leadership team and store operators by administering accurate financial records and providing financial reports for all Blue Star Group entities. As an essential member of the management team, the Accounting Specialist should understand, value, and implement the leading guideposts for our organization which include our mission, vision, core values, and core competencies. We maximize the use of these tools to help maintain and at times, regain alignment for the entire team. The Accounting Specialist should consistently maintain the high standards for which the Blue Star Group is known and expected.
The Accounting Specialist will have strong communication skills. Along with the ability to be self-directed, detail-oriented, and able to move efficiently and accurately between tasks and deadlines.
The Accounting Specialist will serve as a role model and key team member and must maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times. The Accounting Specialist will be polished, accessible, respected, and admired by his/her peers. S/he will contribute to an unstoppable, consistent, and high-performing team.
The Accounting Specialist is responsible for all accounting functions for restaurants and entities in the Blue Star Group. The Accounting Specialist provides financial information to the owner, senior management, and shop level management team based on the data provided to the accounting team.
- Maintain accurate accounts payable and accounts receivable externally and internally between the shops
- Daily Quickbooks bank reconciliation of all accounts and credit cards
- Creating and Maintaining QuickBooks online chart of accounts
- Recording and reconciling bank accounts
- Reconciling credit card accounts
- Monitor and update each shop updated Master Worksheets
- Generate mid-month and month-end cost sheets
- Draft financial statements
- Creating reports and exporting to excel
- Setting up memorized transactions list
- Working in 3rd party software and point of sale systems
- Enter and review intra-company transfers
- Timely payment of mortgages, loans, taxes, and licenses
- 1605/1609 rent collection/confirmation and bill pay
- Timely quarterly and annual reporting to lenders, CFO and CPA
- Maintain total company loans, as well as amortization tables
- Monitor timely payment of account receivables
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls of holding operators to compliance in purchasing and labor goals
- Payroll recording of all employees
- Full charge bookkeeping duties
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all financial records
- Perform other related duties as required
TAX, LICENSING, INSURANCE, & LEGAL: (5%)
- Tax and license payment and renewal as needed
- Liability Insurance and worker’s comp insurance entries and audits
- Assist CPA with information in annual tax preparations
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation
- Enforce adherence to financial systems and compliance and advising management on possible needed actions
REQUIRED CHARACTER TRAITS
People-person - Friendly - Energetic - Focused - Detail-Oriented - Need-Anticipating - Driven - Motivated - Motivating - Honest - Tactfully forward - Communicative - Hard-working - Fun-Working - Positive - Structured - Strategic - Consistent - Respectfully firm - Exceptionally organized - Reliable - Clear communicating - Solutions-oriented - Theoretical - Experimental - Humble
- Accounting and Bookkeeping - 5 years
- Strong and effective leadership, communication, time management, and organization
- Ability to manage multiple sets of books
- Customer Service and Hospitality
- Quickbooks online-minimum 3 years
- Restaurant experience a plus
ACCOUNTING DIRECTOR TEAM
The Accounting Specialist will work under the direction of and report to the CEO, Chief Brand & Strategy Officer, & CFO and will work in conjunction with all members of the Blue Star Group management group, also known as EJC, and staff from other Blue Star Group establishments. * At any given time, the exact team will vary.
This is a full-time salaried position and compensation is based on experience.
BLUE STAR GROUP
Blue Star Group exists to improve our community with superior hospitality and excellent food and beverages through a courageous, dynamic, and engaged team, and we strive to become the best hospitality group in the Pikes Peak region. With over 20 years of hospitality experience, La'au's Taco Shop, Ivywild Kitchen, Principal’s Office, Stellina Pizza Cafe and it’s management team, EJC. Blue Star Group is committed to the core value of courage, meaning respectful and accountable empowerment of truth from the heart both in one’s self and also with others. This is embodied by consistently acting and speaking with honesty and intention while maintaining the best interest of the organization. Blue Star Group’s core competencies define the actions that define our culture and expectations in which we seek and cultivate in our team members, which include hospitality, effective communication, commitment, forward-thinking, and the desire and pursuit of professional development.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $38,000.00 - $48,000.00 per year
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Schedule
- Paid Time Off
- 10 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bookkeeping: 5 years (Required)
- quickbooks: 3 years (Required)
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply