A lifeguard is responsible for ensuring swimmers' safety and well-being in swimming environments such
as public pools and beaches. Lifeguards hold a physical job that requires the ability to swim and perform
rescues for individuals in distress.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Insure the pool, spa, and sauna are maintained according to all regulations.
- Respond to emergency situations in the water or surrounding areas.
- Administer first aid and contact emergency medical personnel in case of serious injury.
- Maintain a safe swimming environment and enforce all policies, procedures and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of AED, CPR and similar life-saving techniques is needed; proper first aid skills are
mandatory, Professional communication skills (phone, interpersonal, written, verbal, etc.).
- Professional customer service skills.
- Self-motivated, proactive, detail oriented and a team player.
- Time management and time critical prioritization skills.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma High School Diploma or GED Required
- 0 – 3 years of directly related or closely related experience
Certifications or Licenses
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $20.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- San Antonio, TX: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Lifeguard: 1 year (Preferred)
- First Aid Certification (Preferred)
- Lifeguard Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: In person