Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Flowserve is seeking a technically-solid, resourceful Engineer to create the technical drawings and bills of materials that are critical for upgrades to Flowserve’s centrifugal pumps used in the oil, gas, chemical, and general industries. The Engineer will work independently to complete projects start-to-finish to meet customer deadlines. The Engineer will interpret requirements, specifications, and existing equipment to develop the best possible solutions to aftermarket jobs. We are looking for an Engineer who will step out to the Shop Floor to discuss pumps and components, and who will not hesitate to collaborate with other engineers and operations to validate the customer’s requirements and recommend designs.
- Provide engineering support to develop the best possible solutions to aftermarket operation challenges.
- Develop detailed production drawings and manufacturing instructions for engineered-to-order products that will meet specific performance requirements
- Support production by providing tactical advice and guidance on specification deviations and waivers, and participate in Material Review Boards as required.
- Apply technical, mathematical, and scientific knowledge to conduct design analyses and FEAs, solve problems, and define key issues.
- Technically interpret specifications, procedures, policies, quality, and equipment reliability for others, including customers, field service techs, sales engineers, and customer service.
- Support the shop floor by providing tactical advice on specification deviations and waivers
- Work with other engineers and Operations to investigate production problems relating to design or quality. Report findings and implement permanent, improvements and solutions that are cost effective and enhance performance and service to our customers.
- Participate in developing work scope statements for proposals to customers for modifications and upgrades
- Prepare project plans in accordance with customer requirements; coordinate multiple projects; prepare and update customer presentations on ongoing projects
- Direct the technical modification of programs, and the methods of solving problems, so as to modify product designs that meet customer needs and to improve product life
- Provide guidance as requested to Flowserve service centers regarding inspection and analyses of pump elements.
- Monitor, advance and sustain performance against a set of approved KPIs; initiate and implement process improvements that enhance product performance
- Maintain engineering knowledge of the current trends, best practices, and process tools needed to maintain high performance and continuously improve processes and outcomes.
**Primary Posting Location:
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent technical degree) required
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Solid understanding of pumps, pump applications, pump systems and hydraulics.
- Experience in the refinery, chemical, or power industries is strongly preferred.
- Must have excellent computer skills: AutoCAD and Microsoft Office. Inventor and ANSYS a plus.
- Skilled and knowledgeable regarding engineering documentation, drafting, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Capable with project management tools
- Able to interpret industry standards, technical drawings, and manufacturing procedures.
- Clear, confident, and positive verbal and written communication skills so as to work successfully face-to-face, on the phone, and by email.
- Must have a demonstrated track record of resourcefulness in completing projects requiring additional information and collaboration with others.
- Accountability and execution for completing work on time and to spec
- Good organizational skills, able to self-manage priorities and complete a high volume of work to specific deadlines.
Vernon, California US
**Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
**Job Posting/Business Card Title:
**Job Posting Category:
United States of America
**Auto req ID: