Year Round/ Full Time:
a position averaging 35+ hours a week.
The Demi Chef position reports to the Restaurant Chef and will assist with staff supervision, quality control and attaining profitability and revenue goals in both the a la carte and banquet/event operations. This position requires strong leadership skills and will supervise staff members in the absence of the Chef. Other duties will include coordinating with management on development of daily specials, providing direction for line staff, scheduling and performance management, working with culinary externs and apprentices, and general operational support. Success will be measured by guest satisfaction, organization and kitchen cleanliness, attitude and product quality.
- High school diploma. A two-year culinary degree, additional training, and/or industry certifications are strongly preferred.
- At least three (3) years of related culinary experience in a full-service restaurant, preferably in a fine dining/upscale setting. The ideal candidate will have had progressive leadership responsibilities in a multi-unit, luxury hotel/resort food and beverage operation with exposure to both a la carte and banquet dining service styles.
- Demonstrated leadership experience and/or prior supervisory or management experience. Should be capable of leading co-workers in the absence of management.
- Proven commitment to the delivery of world class service and products, and the ability to motivate staff to do the same.
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Basic math skills and the ability to develop, read, and execute recipes.
- Must be able to follow prep and order sheets.
- Extensive knowledge of food product identification, fabrication and cooking methods; experience with inventory and cost control techniques helpful.
- Ability to present a professional image at all times in accordance with company standards.
- Able to sit, stand, twist, bend, push, pull, walk, and lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis for periods of up to 10 hours a day.
- Able to work effectively in a kitchen environment with occasional extremes in temperature and conditions (heat, cold, humidity) for an extended period of time.