InComm is a leading provider of cutting-edge prepaid products, services and transaction technologies to retailers, brands and consumers. InComm supports more than 400,000 points of distribution and helps retailers build prepaid card destinations, connects brands with new markets and gives consumers a simple, secure shopping experience.
InComm stays ahead of emerging trends by analyzing market needs and leveraging its global, innovative commerce platform, go-to-market expertise and extensive partner relationships. With 123 global patents, InComm is headquartered in Atlanta and has offices in North and South America, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region. For more information, visit www.incomm.com or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/incomm.
About This Opportunity
We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer to manage storage, reporting, logging, security, quality assurance, and business intelligence for high importance project data. This person will take ownership of the technical future for data management in a rapidly growing eco system.
The ideal candidate is an experienced database administrator and data wrangler who has worked with both nonrelational and relational databases and enjoys building and optimizing data solutions. If you're excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and initiatives then this is the opportunity for you!
- You will be part of the Engineering organization, designing, developing and deploying data services for the many InComm developed applications that are created and supported. The team designs services that support sales and customer support functionality for partners and consumers.
- You will build, maintain, and provide daily operational support for our growing data platforms including MS SQL Server, and Elastic Search.
- You will expand and optimize our data platforms and data pipeline architecture.
- The Data Engineer will support the data needs of software developers, database architects, data scientists, customer support staff, and operations engineers, with the emphasis on software development.
- Support QA automation by development of regression datasets and other supportive data solutions.
InComm is an equal employment opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race; color; religion; national origin; sex; sexual orientation; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; age; disability or handicap; citizenship status; service member status; or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
*This position is eligible for the Employee Referral Bonus Program - Tier 4
- Must have at least 5+ years’ of relevant experience
- Big Data using various NoSQL databases – e.g. Elastic Search, Cassandra, MongoDB.
- Strong SQL abilities and experience with large relational database systems.
- Familiarity with Apache Kafka, Splunk is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of all traditional Data Warehouse-related components (Sourcing, ETL, Data Modeling, Infrastructure, BI, Reporting) and the modern tools to support those components.
- Proficiency with Linux development environments, admin experience a plus.
- Efficient programming skills in .NET or Java.
- Ability to understand business problems and translate them into technical requirements and corresponding data architecture solutions.
- Proficiency with Tableau reporting solution is a big plus.
- Desire to contribute to implementation of a continuous delivery process and integration within the development life-cycle.
- Willingness and ability to dive into technical issues within environments.
- High command of verbal and written English and able to clearly communicate design, architecture, implementations and requirements.
- Self-motivated, self-managed.
- Team-player, action & results-focused.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience).
- DBA Certifications desired